Chapter 23

Soon Stevie was back to feeling normal and could stand on her own.

It still bothered me the way Stevie seemed to have almost lost control over her conscience, but never the less, I pushed it to the back of my mind. There were bigger things to worry about right now.

“Okay, to explain a little better,” Stevie started as she turned to me, “Oscar has this power or potion or something that makes him appear irresistible to every girl, and some guys, that see or hear him.”

“Some guys?” Bethany asked with disgust and shock written over her face.

Stevie nodded, “yeah, but it’s completely random. Whether the guy is gay or not. It’s just really weird if you ask me...” I saw Bethany nod. “His power works more on human girls more so than supernatural girls for some reason, but if the girl is in love or has a major crush on someone who they’ve seen in the past few hours, they can figure out something is wrong and fight against it,” Stevie finished.

‘So that would explain Stevie’s reaction’, I thought to myself.

At that moment, Bethany got a look a realization across her face, then started scrubbing her mouth with the back of her hand. I didn’t blame her; in truth, I’d be doing the exact same if Oscar had kissed me instead of her. I shuddered at the mere thought of it.

Stevie looked over at Bethany and tilted her head to the side, “how old are you?”

She looked up when Stevie spoke to her and stood a little taller then said “I just turned sixteen y-yesterday.”

Stevie nodded in response.

“Some crappy birthday present huh?” I said trying to add a bit of humor to lighten the mood.

Bethany huffed a non-comical laugh. “I s-swear, if I ever see him again, I’m going to p-punch him for stealing my first k-kiss.” She said, blushing at the last part.

“Well, let’s hurry up and get away from here so you don’t go punch him right now, unconscious or not,” Stevie upped her pace.

“I agree,” I said, walking faster to keep up with her almost run-like walk.

“So what’s you’re power, Audrey?” Bethany asked me with a small smile.

I looked at her with a raised eyebrow, “how do you know my name?” I didn’t remember ever telling her or Stevie saying it at any point in time...

“T-two reasons. One, Stevie said it after she threw the rock at Oscar. And two my power allows me to know someone’s name and see their most recent memory the first time I touch them,” she laughed then, “yours was q-quite entertaining.”

I noticed that she said the majority of that a lot slower than usual. I think I heard somewhere that people who stutter a lot can reduce it by talking at a slower pace. I shook my head to clear my thoughts, now wasn’t the time to get lost in them.

“What was it?” I was honestly afraid of the answer.

“You and that guy with the really blue eyes and black hair,” she giggled.

“Dylan?” Stevie asked and turned to me, “what you and Dylan doing?”

“Nothing!” I probably answered a little too quickly, my eyes big and guilty.

“T-they were kissing,” Bethany ratted me out earning a death glare.

Stevie gasped and looked at me with a big smile.

“So can I expect to s-” Stevie was cut off by Bethany’s squeak.

I turned to her and saw her starring at something behind me, her brown eyes as big as apples. “I-I kn-kn-know h-himm,” she said shaking in fear once more.

 “Who?!” Stevie asked turning around to look. “Vander,” she practically growled.

“Wait, how do you know Vander?” I asked Bethany confused.

“H-he k-killed my b-brother t-two y-years ago,” was her reply.

“Oh, so you remember me,” I heard Vander’s deep male voice say from behind me.

There was a rustle of leaves that sounded like multiple people running that finally made me turn around. Behind Vander, I could see everyone running towards the four of us standing there.

“Goodie, the whole gang’s here!” Vander said, noticing the others.