Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Florrie's POV

"This is hopeless, Slughorn won't even come near me" Harry sighed, laying back on the sofa as we say in the common room.

"Well maybe we just need a different approach" I suggested though I knew it wasn't exactly much help. Harry had spooked Slughorn when he asked him last time.

Last night Romilda Vane had left chocolates for Harry which had love potion in (I know Harry and I hadn't told anyone about our relationship but I still hated that girl). Ron had eaten them so Harry took Ron to see Slughorn. The problem was that the drink Slughorn used poisoned Ron, now leaving him in the hospital wing and also led to the end of Ron and Lavender, Thank god.

Now however, Slughorn was even more crept out after nearly killing Ron and Harry asking all these questions about the truth that he didn't want to admit. It all honesty, it just wasn't going well.

Harry sighed loudly, rubbing his hands over his face. Everyone else was at the hospital wing with Ron but I'd come up here with Harry to help him think of a way to get Slughorn to talk.

"A hug might help" he said half heartily, opening his arms. I rolled my eyes smiling and gave him a tight hug, laying with him on the sofa. Since no one was around, it was nice that we could do this since the only place we did was at the black lake.

"Who would guess that the great Harry Potter is such a softy?" I chuckled, my left arm on his chest as I span around onto my stomach so that I was no facing him.

"Who would guess that the sarcastic prankster Florrie Black would be able to make the great Harry Potter such a softy?" He retorted, smirking down at me.

I raised my hand a bit. "Uh I did" I raised my eyebrows at him and he laughed.

"You know what's weird?" He started "That is for some reason we were called by our middle names, we would be James and Lily, like my parents" he pointed out. It was strange, or coincidental really.

I don't know why I was named after Lily Potter. I mean, obviously my parents knew her but I didn't know that they knew her that well. From what Uncle Sirius had said, Lily had been very kind and understanding to my dad, so maybe that was why.

"Yeah, well I guess you could say it's fate" I shrugged.

"You're so cute, I'm so lucky to have you" he smiled at me and kissed my nose which made my scrunch up my face like a cat.

I was about to reply when realisation flooded his face. "That's it, I need a bit of luck" He snapped his fingers together and quickly got up running to his room.

For a few seconds I didn't get it until I saw him running down again. Liquid Luck, it increases the luck of the drinker. So if Harry drunk it and went to see Slughorn, then he would be able to find out what happened that night all those years ago, brilliant.

He came and sat down next to me. "I will only take a tiny drop, this will come in handy I think later on" he told me.

"Okay so have a drop and remember, Slughorn goes for his walk around the castle at this time so intercept him somewhere and talk to him" I planned out.

Harry nodded and took a quick sip of the potion, his eyes getting bigger in moments.

"Well, how do you feel?" I asked him.

"Excellent, really excellent" he laughed standing up with a huge grin on his face.

"Okay so Slughorn will be on his walk-" I started before Harry interrupted me.

"I'm going to Hagrids. I feel like it's the place to do tonight. Don't worry, I know what I'm doing, or Felix does" Harry exclaimed before bounding out the common room, giving Tora and Neville who were just entering an enthusiastic wave.

They walked in, looking at Harry shocked for a second before turning to me. "Am I missing something?" Tora asked but I just shook my head with a smirk.

"Harry took some liquid luck so Slughorn would tell him what he told Tom Riddle about Horcruxes" I told them and sat back down on the sofa.

"So how is Ron?" I asked.

"He's good, Hermione is with him now. He keeps saying her name in his sleep" Neville chuckled as he sat down with Tora on his lap.

Tora smiled. "Last I saw she was sitting on his bed and Ginny said that she was holding his hand. They better get together soon" Tora explained.

Hopefully then, with Ron and Hermione possibly getting together and Harry's use of Liquid Luck, tonight might be a good night.