Chapter 7

Tora's POV;

We were all called into Professor McGonagals office and she looked exhausted. Professor Snape was there too, looking down at the cursed necklace and using his wand to hover it onto the table.

"Why is it always you three?" McGonagal said, addressing Harry, Ron and Hermione, who were standing in front of the desk while the rest of us hid in the background.

"Believe me, Professor, I've been asking myself the same question for the last 5 years." Ron said, rolling his eyes. I laughed quietly then stopped when I saw Snape glaring at me.

Snape turned to Leanne, Katie's friend.

"And you saw she didn't have the package with her before entering the Three broomsticks?" He asked.

"It's like I said - she went to the bathroom and when she came out she had the package. Said she had to deliver it to someone." Leanne said.

"She didn't say who gave it to her?" McGonagal said.

Leanne shook her head.

"Ms Belle is lucky to be alive." Snape said to Leanne.

"You may leave," McGonagal told her. Leanne picked up her coat and left quickly.

"Professors, it was Malfoy!" Harry suddenly blurted out. Ron's eyes widened comically and Hermione shook her head.

"Malfoy? Do you have evidence to support this accusation?" McGonagal asked in shock.

Harry stood proudly and stuck his chin out. "I just know."

"You ... Just ... Know?" Snape repeated in his emotionless voice. Harry blushed a little but held Snapes gaze.

"Yes." He said.

"I'm afraid that is not nearly enough evidence, Mr Potter," McGonagal said. "All of you may go." She waved her hand at us dismissively and we all left.

***

I awoke early on the weekend and dressed quickly. I had had an idea on how to get practise for being a healer. I would volunteer to help Madame Pomfrey in the hospital wing (that way I could also monitor Katie and see if she had anything to say).

"Madame Pomfrey?" I said, walking into the hospital wing. She looked up from where she was sitting near Katie's bed.

"Yes, Ms Black?" She asked.

"I was wondering if I could volunteer to help as I want to be a healer and it could be good work experience." I said.

"That seems fine, Ms Black. For now I'll need to tend to Katie but I shall call you when I need you." Madame Pomfrey said. I nodded, thanked her and left.