Chapter 5

Tora's POV:

"You think Malfoy is a death eater?" Ron said, spitting out his juice at breakfast - over me.

"Ugh, Ron!" I cried, wiping my face with my sleeve.

"Sorry, Tora," Ron said then looked back at Harry and Florrie. "But Malfoy? A death eater?"

"You saw him in Bourgin and Burkes, Ron." Harry said.

"Yeah, I saw him. But he wasn't doing anything wrong." Ron shrugged, beginning to eat again, his appetite back. I rolled my eyes.

"It was suspicious! Admit it." Harry said, looking at me, Hermione and Ron.

"But a death eater?..." I said, looking at Harry and Florrie and raising an eyebrow.

"Come on, Tora ..." Florrie said, looking at me. "I saw him walking around on his own at night and Harry heard him in the train - being all cryptic!"

"That doesn't mean he's a death eater, though." Hermione said, leaning forward on her elbows and watching Harry's face.

"But --" Harry said, then signed and gave up. He gave a shrug and went back to his breakfast.

***

"Tora, you going to try out for quidditch?" Florrie asked me, coming up behind me. I whirled around and smiled at her.

"No, sorry," I told her. "I'm going to the library to do some homework."

"Ah, okay." Florrie said.

"Ron's going for keeper, isn't he?" I asked, balancing my books on top of each other.

Florrie nodded. "Yeah, he's so nervous, so Harry fooled him by thinking he put his liquid luck in his juice!"

I laughed softly. "That was clever."

"Yeah, see you later." Florrie said, waving and walking down the corridor with her broom.

"Bye! Good luck!" I called.

-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-&-

Neville's POV:

Florrie and Harry stood in the quidditch field with the 'trial' players all lined up in front of them. Everyone was arguing loudly. I could see Harry saying something but he wasn't loud enough and no one was taking notice.

"OI!" Florrie sounded shouted, making everyone fall silent. "Shut it!"

Harry looked at her in surprise. "Uh, thanks."

She nodded.

I laughed softly, wishing Tora was here but she was in the library catching up on homework. I promised her I'd tell her how the quidditch trials went.

The trials began and Florrie demonstrated the chaser trials. Cormac McClagen went first and stood in front of the chaser goals.

"You have to save the most goals!" Florrie told him, hovering in front of him and taking aim.

Cormac saved 4 goals.

Ron saved 5!

Ron became the new chaser! I got to my feet and clapped loudly for him!

***

Tora's POV:

I got back to the common room to find a party going on.

"Weasley! Weasley! Weasley!" Everyone chanted, with Ron on their shoulders.

"What's going on?" I asked Hermione.

"Ron got chaser!" She grinned.