thirty

This chapter was the hardest emotionally for me to write. So if needed get a tissue ready.
---------------------------

Theo

"Tahja?"

She lowered the magazine and gave me a nervous laugh.

"Why are your legs in a cast? Why are you handcuffed to the bed?" What the hell is going on?!

"Because she helped Raquel rob 4 houses and was going to help her torture Mina?"

I turned around and I saw a police officer standing in the door way.

"Hi". Mina smiled at him.

"Hey". I looked between the two and they almost exactly alike.

"Tahja is that true?" I pinched the bridge of my nose. "Why would you do something like that?" I put my hands on my head in disbelief.

"I love her"

"Love? You love her? Did you know she was going to prison for 18 years; For kidnapping in the third degree, rape, attempt of murder, the list goes on and them she escaped from prison! And you love her? Out of all the dumb things you've done. This has to be the dumbest. Why'd you do it?! Mom and dad are gonna kill you". I ran my fingers through my hair and sat on the edge of Mina's bed.

"S-she raped somebody? She was giving me money".

"Yes and she has a child. You took money from her? Of you needed money that bad you should've just asked". All the color in her face vanished.

"I'm sorry to say this. But you'll probably be facing up to seven or ten years in prison". Her lip quivered like she was gonna cry.

"P-Prison?"

"Yes prison. Any minute now my team will be here to wheel you out to the lobby. Put you in a wheel chair and you will be taken to a jail till your lawyer comes for your questioning and then you'll return to your cell until you sentencing. But I can promise you. Since your temporarily unable to walk you will be placed in a cell by yourself until your healed". Right as if on que; Six men came into the room and took her before I could blink.

She called after me.

I went to get up but the police officer stopped me.

"Call the station after 24 hours. Then you'll be able to get get in contact her". He looked at Mina one last time.

"Thank you". He smiled at her and left. I put my eyebrows together.

I took my jacket off and put it in a near by chair.

"How do you feel?" I sat on a chair by her bed and she reached for my hand.

"I feel really good. This medicine is the shit". I laughed and held her hand. "But seriously I feel a lot better now that your here. I thought about you the whole time. I remembered somethings. Like when I first met you and our first kiss". I took in a deep breath to keep from getting emotional.

"I'm glad baby". I kissed her hand gently. The heart monitor sped up a bit and slowed back down making me smile.

"How's Hanniabl?" I froze. Should I lie? No that would be stupid.

"Uh he's uh. Very sick".

"He's not looking to good?"

I shook my head. "Try not to worry to much". I noticed her heart monitor was starting to speed up quickly.