twenty-six

Theo

For six days they didn't let us see Mina but today they let us have some information and her room number.

The doctor said whoever did this was trying to permanently injure here. She suffers from serious head injuries. And they broke three of her ribs on her left side and had a slightly fractured shin and they went ahead and fixed it and put a metal liner on the bone so it'll heal in 4 to 6 weeks and she's bruised up pretty bad on her in a lot of places. There's much more but I zoned him out trying not to get angry. I heard the word rape and had to compose myself.

They said she might be awake and in a lot of pain.

They told us her memory is foggy and try to be patient with her.

I opened her room door slowly and she was sitting up trying to wake herself up.

She saw me come in and a tear rolled down her face.

"Hi baby". I went to her bed side and she grabbed me in her arms the best she could.

"I love you so much". She said lowly.

"I love you too". I sat down gently at the foot of the bed and wiped my eye.

Hannibal came in and Mina knew who he was but couldn't remember his name or mine.

Her parents came in and we all cried together until the least likely people showed up.

"Mina we're sorry this happened". She looked at them and then squinted. 

"I uh don't want to be rude but I don't think I know who you all are. I know I don't like you though". She pointed at Stacey and I tried not to laugh.

"You don't remember them?" Hannibal said coming to the bed side.

"Nope I'm drawing a blank".

There was a knock at the door and in came Jet with his son.

All the color flushed from Mina's face.

"Get him out". He looked in confusion.

"What I do?". Her heart monitor sped up and it got real out of control and she started breathing heavy.

A few nurses rushed in.

"You all can wait across the hall. In the waiting room but you have to get out. Parents you can stay". We all shuffled out the room quickly as more nurses came in.

They closed the blinds to the room so I couldn't see what was going on.

I turned to the group and shook my head.

"Why y'all here?". I sat down and rested my chin on my first.

"Well I called to check up on Hannibal and I asked what he was up to and he told me he was at the hospital with Mina. So we came up here to see how she was doing". Jet said taking in a seat across from me with God soon in his lap.

"Okay look... You know for a fact that she isn't fond of any of you. So why do you think just because shes in a hospital fighting for her life would make her put that aside to be happy that you people came to see her. Stacey I don't even know why you came when she beat the shit out of you more times than I can count. Jet she drew a damn mural on your walls in lipstick and made a water park in your living room. Don't you see she doesn't want you in her life". I'm not trynna get all in the mix of Mina's business with all of them but my baby had expressed on more than one occasion that she wants nothing to do with them. And this is not the time for them to try to men's their relationship with her.

"But we want her in ours. That's the thing". Some lil light skin nigga said.

Tre jumped in noticing the look on my face. "I'm sure she'd be flattered to here that. But I don't think y'all want her in your life for the right reasons. You want her for that shoulder to cry on and that advice to listen to but do you think her relationship with you all would ever be the same after all the shit you put her through?"  Took the words right out my mouth.