seven

Jet

Okay you can get in front of him just push.

I passed him.

Good. Now dust this nigga.

I passed him.

Aight nigga you in first place but you ain't at the finish line yet.

"Let's go Jet". I heard my niggas say.

I smiled to myself..

All of a sudden a felt something pass me. The back of Tre ugly'ah head came into my view.

Oh hell no.

Just keep focus.

I ran passed him and I saw Mina and Vince there at the finish line.

This nigga ain't gone beat me in front of my girl.

I picked up speed and left that nigga in my rear view.

I hit that line and everybody went crazy. I slowed down and put my hands on my hips.

"In first place we have Jet Hopkins moving on, Tre'Vell Price in second....." The announcer went on about everybody's placement but I was focused on Mina.

"You did it baby!". She jumped on me and kissed me.

"Did I do good?"

"You did great" she kissed me one last time before getting down.

"Yooouuuu did so good!" B came over and hugged me. "And your a little sweaty". I smiled.

"Sorry about that".

"You did good son I'm proud of you". I froze. Bobby gave me dap and I kinda took in the moment.

It wouldn't be that hard for my dad to say that, would it?

"What time do you run again?" Mina asked holding my stuff.

"Since I actually won...." I looked at the huge score board. "In two hours since cross country is next. That gives me a break". I been running all day.

She dug in my Nike duffle bag and handed me my water bottle and a towel.

"You hungry?"

"Hell yes". She handed me my sweat suit and my timbs so I can get out these shoes.

After I did all that we met with Minas parents and our whole sqaud at the Applebee's down the street from the dome.

It's indoor track season since it's snowin.

We was like thirty deep in this mufucka and we all havin a good time. When I heard a familiar voice behind me.

I hurried up and got under the table and hugged Mina's leg.

"Have you guys seen Jet? I heard he was here". I seen Raquel's shoes and held onto Mina with my eyes closed.

"Yeah he left about five minutes ago saying he had to get ready for his next run". Thank, you, Vince.

"Okay if you see him tell him to call me". She walked away and Mina was about to hop up but I pulled her back down.

"She's gone man". Javeon said waving me up. I crawled back into my seat and all eyes were on me.

"What?".

"She obsessed with you blood". John John said pointing at me with a wing.

Mina shook her head and went back to eating.