Chapter 18

"Look Aunty DJ," Kayne said, smiling proudly as she stood on the couch. "I'm tinkerbell."

"It's my turn, Kay," Ashtyn said, standing up next to Kayne.

"No it isn't."

"Mommy said so."

"I just got them."

"Mommy gave them to me," Ashtyn said, reaching for the wings on Kayne's back.

"No!" Kayne screamed.

"Ashtyn Michelle and Kayne Isabella, you do not stand on the couch," I said sternly.

"Mama, help," Kayne yelled, jumping off the couch and running behind my leg.

"Gimme them," Ashtyn said, following after her.

"No, Mama!" Kayne yelled in her ear piercing scream, her tiny arms wrapped tightly around my leg.

"Ashtyn, your sister is using them right now. You can have them when she's done."

"She had a long turn," Ashtyn whined, dropping her body on the floor.

"Her turn just started a few minutes ago. You've been wearing them all morning," I stated.

"Mila still owns those fairy wings?" Dinah asked while Kayne ran over to her baby doll and Ashtyn continued to throw a tantrum on the floor.

"Apparently," I said, looking over at Kayne. "She dug them out of a box earlier this more and decided she would wear them again today."

"I swear, I thought we threw those things out awhile ago," she half asked, half stated.

"We did," I replied. "She must have took them out of the trash or something."

"That's just disgusting."

"Hey Ba-," Camila started, cutting herself off mid-sentence. "What's up with her?" She continued, looking at the screaming Ashtyn.

"I told her she has to wait to wear the wings and she wasn't having any of it."

"Uh Camren, I think your child is going to up chuck," Normani spoke up.

"Ew," Kayne squealed. "Mama, make her stop," she added, watching her sister contently.

"Ashtyn Michelle, throw up and your butt goes straight to time out," I warned.

"Wings!" She screamed, kicking the air above her. "Now!"

"Laur, you don't think you're being a little harsh?" Camila asked, looking over at Lauren. "She can't help if she throws up or not."

"Yes she can, Camz," I stated. "It's one thing to be sick, it's another to work herself up and throw up so we feel bad and give her what she wants. It wouldn't be the first time she's done it."

"I've never seen her to do," Camila said.

"You had her for what, two days out of fourteen? So yeah, you probably haven't."

"Or she just doesn't throw temper tantrums when she's with me?"

"You give her whatever she wants so she doesn't whine," I replied truthfully. "Hell, at times you even favor her over Kayne."

"When have I ever?"

"Really Camila? Everybody knows you do, so don't even try to deny it."

"What are you trying to say, Lauren? That I don't love my own daughter?"

"No, if you would actually listen to what I'm telling you, than you would know that what I'm saying is you would rather spend time with Ashtyn than with Kayne."