Chapter 8

"Kayne, be quiet," Ashtyn said, trying to whisper but failing.

"Go scare them," Dinah whispered loud enough for me to hear.

The bed started to move when the toddlers climbed onto it. I kept my eyes closed, but couldn't hide the smile that was planted on my face.

"Boo," the two toddlers yelled in their high-pitched voices.

I woke up pretending to be startled. I sat up slightly, removing my arms away from Camila's waist. I grabbed the two giggling toddlers, bringing their tiny bodies close to mine.

"Mama, your face is funny," Ashtyn giggled.

"Do you think it's funny to scare Mama," I teased, tickling the two squirming bodies.

"M-mama," Kayne stuttered, trying to get free from my hand. "S-stop," she giggled, trying to push my hand off her but failing.

"What is going on?" Camila groaned, rubbing her eyes. Her eyes are still a bright puffy red from all the crying she did last night. Tears stained her porcelain face.

"Go get mommy," I instructed the two little girls, setting them free my grip.

"Hi mommy," Kayne smiled, climbing off of me and sitting on top of Camila with Ashtyn following behind.

"Hi baby," she smiled, tucking a loose strand of the younger girl's messy raven hair behind her ear. "Did you have fun with Aunty DJ?"

"Yes," she answered, shaking her head vigorously. "We played beer pong and Ashtyn, Dinah, and I won," she smiled, feeling accomplished.

I could feel Camila's death glare without even looking at her. "Dinah, please tell me she's joking," I begged, hoping this would be some type of joke Dinah told her to say.

"I really wish I could," Dinah said, opening up the mini fridge and pulling out the twix bar I gave Camila last night.

I picked up the pillow beside me and threw it at the Polynesian, hitting her in the stomach.

"Rude," she gasped, looking down at the pillow that was now on the floor. "It's my birthday. You should be treating me like a princess."

"If I remember correctly, on my birthday you punched me twenty four times leaving a giant black and blue mark that took three months to get rid of," I remarked.

"Hey, those bring good luck, and by the look of it, it worked," she smirked, tearing open the twix wrapper and taking a bite out of the candy bar.

"Hey, that was my candy bar," Camila pouted.

"Do I care?" Dinah asked, taking another bite.

"Dinah, can you please take the girls down to get breakfast?" I asked, desperately wanting her and the girls to leave the room so I could talk to Camila in private.

"Why should I do that?"

"Because I would like to have a few minutes to talk to Camila alone," I answered.

"The camren ship is finally sailing again," she cheered causing me to roll my eyes. "C'mon girls, let's let your mommies talk," the Polynesian said, trying to escort the girls out of the room. Kayne quickly got off Camila, grabbing ahold of Dinah's hand but Ashtyn didn't budge.

"No, I want to stay with mommy," Ashtyn pouted, wrapping her arms around Camila's neck.

"Why don't you go save me a seat?" Camila suggested, knowing how hard it is to break away from Ashtyn. Ever since she was little, Ashley has been attached to Camila. We always joke about how Ashtyn is still attached to Camila with an invisible umbilical cord.