CHAPTER 34 ~~ANTHONY~~

The police arrived after Wes called them almost fifteen minutes, some were scanning the evidence we found and the others were looking at the security cameras for any evidence. Wes was sitting with Joven while the cops were interviewing me with everything that happened.

"Mr. Padilla? What time did your girlfriend leave your apartment yesterday?" the one detective asked holding a small notebook in his hands.

"We finished the movie around 12:30 so she left about fifteen minutes later so I'm guessing around 12:45am." I answered watching the detective scribbled down my answer into the small notebook before preparing the next question.

"Does Miss Ovenshire have any enemies? Any reason to harm her or the baby? An ex-boyfriend? A disgruntled coworker?" the same detective questioned I knew only she had a boyfriend in high school but the breakup was mutual.

"She had a boyfriend in high school, the breakup was mutual and she gets along with all of my employees. She works with me, her brother and our friends on our YouTube channel, none of them would ever hurt her or the baby." I replied the detective jotted down my answer, I was trying to think of anything or anyone that would want to hurt her. 

"Detective? Bring Mr. Padilla over here? We think we found something." the other officer announced, I followed the Detective leaving Wes with Joven to talk to the other officer. I entered the security office as their were many cops in the room with the officer monitoring the cameras. The officer nodded to the security officer and he played the video from the garage last night. I watched seeing Kay was confronted by a guy who she took a picture with him and then I watched her struggle with the guy covering her mouth with a cloth. I watched her bag fall under the car as she collapsed in the guys arms, we then saw a car pull up with the driver masked and the guy placed her into the back of the car. They sped away shortly after, my heart tightened as the officer returned to the beginning freezing it on the guys face before returning to look at me.

"Mr. Padilla do you recognize this guy?" the detective asked I moved forward to see the zoomed in image of the guy and my heart raced inside my chest.

"That's Tommy...Tommy Jackson." I started the detectives heads snapped up looking at me wondering who I was talking about.

"Does Miss. Ovenshire know this Tommy Jackson?" the detective asked I couldn't move my eyes away from his tweaked out face. 

"No Kay doesn't know Tommy. Tommy was my ex-girlfriend Kalel's ex-boyfriend who she dumped after high school because he was too much into drugs then his future." I exclaimed the detective wrote this down into the notebook.

"Why would Mr. Jackson want to kidnap Miss. Ovenshire?" the detective asked my brain couldn't think of why Tommy would want to hurt Kay out of everyone. I felt my pocket vibrate against my back pocket, I pulled it out seeing a new text message from a unknown number. I clicked onto the message seeing a message that was gut and heart wrenching. It was a picture of Kay tied and gagged to a bed with blood on the side of her face. She was unconscious with her brown hair all mangled and in her face, my heart was pounding loudly in my ears. Their was a small message on the bottom of the image that made it a lot worse. 'You took Kristen from me, now I will take her and baby from you...If you want to see them both alive again you will meet me and get what you deserve. If you refuse or I see a cop then I will send you her heart in a box. You have 24 hours to make your decision.'  I handed the detective my phone with the message as I stumbled backwards pinning my back against the wall sliding down crushing my chest with my knees. I gripped the back of my head with my hands the detective knelt down infront of me as I can't believe this was happening now. "He's going to kill them both...she's only a few weeks away from delivering our baby. I don't know what to do."

"Don't worry Mr. Padilla, we will get them both back safely. We just require your help with this." the detective replied I nodded rubbing my head hoping the pain in my chest would leave but I knew it wouldn't, not until I have Kay and our baby in my arms again.