CHAPTER 21 ~~ANTHONY~~

I had the perfect plan for a first date between Kay and I, I had no idea what was stopping me from asking Kay on a date from the first day we met. I told her in the text to dress comfortable enough to enjoy the night I had planned. Pip purred against my legs, I adjusted my leather jacket before leaning down to scratch his chin with my finger. 

"What do you think Pip? Do you like Kay?" I asked he let out a purr louder before giving a soft meow in agreement to my question. "I figured you would, well little dude I'm going to give her the best date of her life." I took the blanket from the table next to me; I grabbed my keys, wallet and cell phone then headed out of my apartment. I got into my car driving towards the Ovenshire Johnson apartment texting Kay that I was on my way soon. I pulled over at the store, I picked out a blue purple orchid the guy mentioned it was a great for a first date. I quickly paid for that, stopped at Chipotle grabbing two vegan bowls and then headed to the apartment. I placed the food in the backseat before taking the Orchid into my hands and exited my car walking up the sidewalk slowly. I rang the doorbell, I waited a minute and Wes answered the door with his big smile on his face and I swallowed sharply.

"Hey Anthony...Kay will be a ready in a minute. Come on in, don't worry Joven isn't home yet. He's working late." Wes smiled letting me pass him, I stood in the entranceway as Wes looked at me with a suspicious grin on his face. I heard a pair of feet coming down the stairs in front of me, I saw Kay appearing wearing an outfit that didn't show the bump much. She had a pair of short shorts with a pair of flats and a baby blue frilly shirt. Her brown hair laid on her shoulders and she was very light with her makeup like she normally was.

"Don't worry Anthony, he knows about everything." she exclaimed touching Wes's shoulders as he nodded  looking back at the both of us at the same time. 

"Have fun you crazy cats. See you later Kay." he answered moving away to go back to what he was possibly doing before I arrived. Kay followed me out to my car as I gentlemanlike opened the door for her going old school. I moved to my side and slid into the car looking over at her as she was rubbing the top of her small bump.

"Here...call me old school but I think maybe it's for the best." I smiled revealing the flower that I had seeing the light in her brown eyes lit up and she was blushing.

"I like a guy who acts old school, with opening the door for me and now this I can't wait to see what you got planned tonight." she replied I started my car watching her twirl the Orchid flower in her fingers and smelling it. We drove for about twenty minutes until I pulled up to the parking lot showing the ocean in the view, we were at Venice Beach. I exited the car rushed to her side opening the door for her again and I could see she was blushing again. I moved to my backseat taking the small blanket, the food I bought earlier handing her the drinks to hold and the small lantern I had in my car from a few weeks ago. 

"Is it too corny to have a picnic on the beach under the stars?" I asked we walked through the sand until we got to the special spot in view of the moon and stars. I handed her the food for her to hold as I tossed the blanket onto the sand for us to sit. "So we got Chipotle, the moonlight and complete privacy. How am I doing?" 

"I think you are doing absolutely perfect." she smiled and we began to eat our food making jokes and telling stories about our lives. Kay is absolutely amazing girl, smart too and finally I feel happy all over again.