Ch1

"Kill the demon!" Shouts of this nature could be heard all around, anger and hatred all but flooding the streets.

A small boy with blonde hair was running as fast as his legs could carry him. The tears in his eyes made it hard for him to see and so he tripped. A small hand gripped his arm and began pulling him.

"C'mon Naruto-kun!" The girl pulling him said loudly.

He breathed in relief. "Hina-chan..."

They ran from the villagers at impressive pace for children, but luck was not on their side that day as a ninja was among the civilians.

Mizuki eyed them carefully, unhooking his large shuriken. "Time to die brat...I might get a little extra for the demon lover as well..." With that he hurled the shuriken at a speed that made the large metal blur.

Naruto felt it slice right thorough his shoulder and fell to the ground in pain. When he looked up he saw Hinata a few feet ahead with the shuriken sticking from her back, laying in her own blood.

"Boy, do you want revenge on that mortal?" A deep voice inside Naruto's mind asked.

Naruto felt strange, the pain completely vanished and his body felt stronger.

"This is but a fraction of the power you'd have if you released me...think about it child..."
____________

Then Naruto sat up in his bed. Eyes wet from the dream. Hinata had been dead for four years now, his only friend had been killed by someone he could never find.

Naruto made a deal with the monster within him that day, gaining complete access to the powers of the ninetails and it's powerful chakra. Now at twelve years old he's tied for top of his class with Sasuke Uchiha. Only because the seal prevents the Kyuubi from giving Naruto much of it's chakra. It either needs to be worn down or opened with the seals key.

Naruto got ready for the academy quickly. Today he'd be put on a genin squad and when he's finally learned all he can, he will leave. The man who killed Hinata would die by his hands alone, anyone who got in his way would die.
______________

Sasuke slipped on his shirt and sighed. "It's much too quiet here now..." He got ready and jumped from the window to the neighboring rooftop.

Sasuke breathed in the morning air and smiled softly. "I miss you mother, father...even you Itachi...."

He felt like it was a betrayal of his parents to miss Itachi but no matter what Itachi did they were still brothers, nothing could change that.

Sasuke had grown exponentially as a child prodigy and was top of his class, along with Naruto. He couldn't help but feel pride at being so skilled. At only twelve he had a fully matured sharingan and more chakra than most jonin. Naruto had waaaaaaay more chakra than him though, he just lacked in other areas.

So saying that the class best were on the same team was unfair was completely understandable. It unbalanced the other teams but Hiruzen was hoping for a second coming of the Sannin.

"Team seven...Naruto Uzumaki, Sasuke Uchiha, and Sakura Haruno." Sasuke smiled softly and waved at Sakura and Naruto.

Naruto scoffed and turned away, muttering something that sounded like, " Humans..."

Sakura blushed and waved gingerly.

Sasuke of course knew of her crush for him but didn't know what to think of her, so he mostly just stayed friendly to her and the rest of the girls with crushes on him.

"Team eight: Shino Aburame, Kiba Inuzuka, and Sai...team nine is still active....team ten: Shikamaru Nara, Choji Akimichi, and Ino Yamanaka..."

Sasuke started to get bored waiting on their sensei and soon fell asleep.