Chapter 20 *Jealousy

He Loved Me Since Forever

Chapter 20 *Jealousy

:: Alex ::

I stood outside the girl's door, listening to what they were talking about - if I was gay, I might as well act a little feminine.

"I just don't know what to do - he's so mouthwateringly beautiful." Liz murmured, then there was a muffled sigh, like she'd buried her face in a pillow.

"You know what, you should make him jealous." Katie said suggestively, then there was a long pause.

"Yes," Liz agreed finally.

Oh, sugar...

"But with who?" Leah asked the follow up question.

"Alex?"

My eyes widened, my heart picking up immediately. The front door was knocked, and I bolted downstairs to answer it; thankful I didn't hear anything more.

"Jared," I breathed.

He grinned at me, ruffling his hair. "Hey, you're in my Maths class right?"

I nodded. I didn't risk talking - my throat felt like it was closing up.

He smiled. "Ah, well can you help me with the homework we received? I get confused easily with those long equations with fractions hidden in it."

I nodded again. "Sure," I choked out.

He looked at the floor, shoving his hands inside his pockets. "So... You mind letting me in so you can help me?"

I nodded, my body jerking in a sudden response as I let him in. I walked into the kitchen, Jared's footsteps trailing behind me.

"Want a drink?" I asked casually, trying to calm my heart. 

He shrugged. "Sure."

I grabbed a coke from the fridge, handing it to Jared before sitting down at the table. He thanked me, before sitting down next to me; book in hand.

:: Elizabeth ::

"Should we go and find Alex and tell him?" Amelia asked.

"No freaking duh," I mumbled, before jumping off the bed and walking out the door.

I still wasn't sure about Amelia. She was kind, pretty and a bit crazy; but she was very quiet and didn't speak much. And whenever I tried asking about her home life, she was silent and barely got a word out. I guess she wasn't used to me just yet.

"Alex?" I called, making my way across the hall to his room. I knocked, before opening the door. "Alex?" 

His room was messy, as usual. It was a stereotypical teenage boy's room: a mess.His bed wasn't made, with his grey and black bed sheets and covers on the floor and crumpled in the corner of the room. His Gibson Les Paul electric guitar in glossy black was tossed on the bed, along with socks and a few shirts strewn across the place. 

I made my way downstairs towards the kitchen, wondering if he'd gotten hungry and began raiding the fridge and cupboards for something to feed himself with.

"Alex?" I called again.

I heard a pen drop onto the counter in the kitchen, and I presumed it was Alex.

"In here." I heard a new voice call back.

As I entered the kitchen, I saw Alex with a notebook in front of him, pointed towards the new addition to the house, who I guessed was one of Alex's friends. Said friend had a book open in front of him, smiling at me before biting his pen and looking down at the book once more. Were they doing homework?

"Do you want me to come back?" I asked politely, not wanting to interrupt.

Alex shook his head, smiling nervously at me, darting his eyes at the newbie before looking back at me. 

:: Alex :: 

I jumped, seeing Liz's unease with Jared. "Oh, this is Jared. He's new to the school and in my maths class. I was just helping him with our homework."

She raised an eyebrow at me, breaking out into a grin before bursting out laughing. "You? Homework? Ha!" She looked at Jared. "Normally he just asks Max and me to do it for him, since he parties or plays music and whatnot. Anyway I'll be in my room when you're done, I need a favour if that's chill with you?"

I nodded, sitting back down and looking at Jared once more. He was looking at me intently, confusion in his eyes. 

"Don't take offense when I say this man," Jared started, looking uncomfortable. "But your sister's kinda hot." He itched the back of his head.

My heart sunk in my chest, before I understood what he'd thought about Liz and chuckled. "You thought she was my sister?"

He looked up at me, frowning. "Isn't she? Well what is she then, your... girlfriend?" He pursed his lips together, waiting for my answer. 

I laughed harder. "She's my brother's best friend. Oh my, Jared."

He laughed with me, embarrassed. "Oh, got it. So, about this question?" He pointed with his pen to his maths textbook.