The Vamp's Girl [01]

Five...four...three...two...one. Here we go! I turned around with a curt smile as Sister Marie barged into my room. Her face as an angered demon which wasn't good for a lady who was suppose to be nun. Tsk.

"You! You! You bratty little girl!" Sister Marie yelled at me, I glared at her with all my might, clenching my teeth wishing I could curse and curse at her all I liked. I knew that would only get me into more trouble, I was used to it though, Sister Marie hated me and I hated her. We had absolutely nothing in common. I was used to her calling me names and telling me I was a brat, she was just waiting for the moment I would explode and she could further punish me. But, thing is I like to prove people wrong.

"Bite me." I said calmly, I watched as she seethed with anger at my unexpected come back before she clenched her fists repeatedly. I crossed my arms stubbornly across my chest and just waited for it, I was just waiting for the moment she'd explode. I wondered if she'd literally go 'boom.' That would be pretty cool I'd have to say.

"One day April. One day, just you wait. You'll find the world a very, very cold place." She warned shaking her head before she stormed off, I watched as her plump figure jiggled with every little angry stomp she took. Ah, well she was actually a lot calmer than I had expected. I hadn't done anything bad, I'd just got into a school fight, then wagged the rest the of the day. No big deal.

"I can't wait for that day. There is no where colder than here." I mumbled to myself. This orphanage sucked. This town sucked. This...everything just sucked! I blew my fringe out of my face as I smiled in satisfaction, I loved getting my way. Besides what more could Sister Marie do? I'd be 18 in 6 months...then I prove her that I'm worth more whatever she thought I was. Frankly, I didn't care. I just didn't fit here, I hate it here. I rarely went to school anymore, the other orphans here stayed out of my way afraid to be associated with me. I literally had no friends...Just the occasional conversation with old people in shops or at the park. Sad life, so sue me!

I wandered aimlessly through the corridors as I thought about the many reasons I didn't like the orphanage. It was dark, there was nothing to do, everyone despised me. I examined the wooden floors and the dark doors that were griffitied, i looked closer. 'April is queen.' I smiled, I'd written that when I was younger, sure Sister Marie had given me an entire lecture that had lasted for days but what do I care? It was still here.  I halted in my thoughts as I heard the familiar sounds of Matt's motorcycle revving outside. My heart raced excitedly as I grabbed a jacket from my room and straightened my hair before dashing out to meet him.

"Hey babe." He said happily to me as I skipped down the front steps. I pecked him on the lips as Sister Marie came out.

"APRIL. YOU ARE NOT GOING OUT. COME BACK HERE." she demanded at once. I rolled my eyes, yeah like that was going to happen.

"No." I said simply climbing onto the back of Matt's bike, he revved it drowning out bits of Sister Marie's fume.

"That's the last straw April! If you go with him. Don't come back!" she yelled as I put my helmet on, I slid my arms around Matt's toned stomach and squeezed a little to tell him I was ready, he complied by screeching off down the street at a dangerously thrilling speed. I smiled, Matt was always there at the right time to make me feel happy and he always knew the things that would take my mind off Sister Marie. I tried to ignore that she just kicked me out of the orphanage. I hope she wasn't serious, I mean where else would I stay?

"Hey, babe." Matt asked putting a hand a little too high on my thigh. I looked up, I'd been staring aimlessly at the menu.

"Oh sorry, I zoned out. Just a cheeseburger combo for me." I said, Matt nodded standing up to go to the counter to place our orders. I toyed with the single silver chain around my wrist. It was the only thing that I really had. My name was engraved on it 'April' the only thing my parents left me. I sighed and ran a hand through my hair my chain sparkling brilliantly in the summer's sun. I shouldn't be worried, I had a plan. I knew where I wanted to be, I knew where I was going. All I needed was to get out of this town. Then I'd show everyone...I'd show them all.