"You've been here for only thirty minutes," he snapped as a reply. "You didn't even write anything new and now I'm starting to think that you refuse to do any work at all."

"I...I just don't feel into it right now," Eren whispered frantically as he got up and tried to make a mad dash to the door. He grabbed his bag and tripped over his own feet but was suddenly pinned to the wall when he felt hands wrap around his wrists in a lock.

"I have to go," Eren pleaded. He desperately wanted some space to be alone and think of everything. He wanted to be alone because he wanted to be alone with his thoughts and hopefully an idea for more lyrics would whisper inside his brain.

"You don't need to but you want to," Levi sighed. "Are you feeling okay? I have some tylenol if you need it." He then gently patted Eren's forehead with his, trying to feel if Eren was burning up.

"Let go of me. I'm fine," he answered sharply.

"You look mad, Jaeger."

"I am mad and I want to go home."

"I don't understand you teenagers with your sudden hormones," Levi said with a click of his tongue. "If you act like that I don't think we'll ever finish in time."

Eren opened his mouth to reply with a biting remark but shut his mouth when he realized that he did have a point. The reason why they had nothing done was because it was his fault and he blamed himself for that.

"I can't think of anything," Eren admitted and groaned. "I'm stupid."

"You're a fucking music prodigy, why the hell would you call yourself stupid?" Levi said with a roll of his eyes.

"The way you're writing the piano part isn't matching the way I want to write my part. Yours is too graceful and mine is as messy as my future."

"You're so emotional," Levi chuckled coldly. "You should play then."

"Play what?"

"The piano, dumbfuck."

"I told you already that I'm not gonna play the damn piano. I thought you would have understood that by now," Eren told him with an irritated voice.

"You played in the music room not so long ago so it's most likely possible to do it again. I don't care about some the stupid grudge you have against it just because I beat you. It doesn't matter anymore because it was in the past."

He was correct; Levi's reasoning really made Eren rethink a few things.

"I want you to show me how you would play the song so I can understand and I could modify the song a little," he explained and grabbed the taller boy's chin so that he could look him straight in the  eyes. "I want to hear you play."

"You're using a logical reason just so you could force me into playing it again?"

"Why yes I am. Any objections?"

Eren couldn't really argue now since he said the fact that he was beaten didn't really matter anymore because he was right. This man always seemed to be right in any situation.

"You're making me feel stupid now that you say that competition doesn't matter anymore," Eren grumbled.

"You're not stupid, you're just a coward and I hate people like that and I do not wish to hate you, Jaeger."

"If I play just don't laugh at me, okay?" Eren said and smacked Levi's hand away.

"Sure, kid."

---

Eren's hands were trembling as he sat down on the piano chair. His body was not reacting like this when he played a little earlier because no one was watching but now was different because Levi was going to watch him which was absolutely terrifying because that man watched like a hawk. The short man wasn't smiling but he looked amused and his eyebrows perked up as if to tell him to start playing.

"Is it really necessary for you to watch me? Could you just turn around or something?"

"I have to watch to make sure your fingers are in perfect posture. You don't have to play anything big if it really bothers you, just give me a sample," Levi told him and approached him.

"I can't think of a song on the top of my head!" Eren exclaimed with frustration.

"No kidding. Just play how you feel, that could be pretty simple since you are such an expressive kind of person," Levi said.

"Fine."

The pads of Eren's fingertips barely brushed the keys and he jerked them away as if it shocked him. Levi rolled his eyes and let out a very loud sigh as he shoved Eren a bit to the side and sat down with him.

"You're so stiff," Levi complained. "No need to be so nervous around me."

With hesitation, the shorted male grabbed one of Eren's hands and intertwined his hand with his, giving it a good squeeze a few times as well.

"Your hand is so cold," Levi said. "No wonder."

He continued to do so, warming up the hand and then doing the same to the other. Eren was glaring at him angrily but his face was also heating up, he watched Levi's delicate, long finger wrap around his and wondered how those were the exact same hands that played many scores and melodies.

"Could you stop that?" Eren whispered frantically.

"Stop what?" Levi asked as he brought the two hands near his mouth and began to slowly blow warm air on them.

"What you're doing. Please stop that right now," Eren demanded and shot a piercing stare at him.

"If you don't like it, you could always just pull your hand away, right?" he teased as a reply.

"Yeah w-well I-"

"You're lying to yourself again, Jaeger. I have to admit that I'm flattered that you like it when I hold your hand but I don't swing that way," he cut him off.

"You really are a pain," Eren snapped and jerked his hands away.

Without any more hesitation, he let his hands glide against the piano with the dynamic FF which made Levi nearly jump from the seat. He seemed to be playing something that sounded quite similar to a scale but it had many more notes and was way too loud. It was probably the intro because he then started playing a melody that was played with quiet dynamics that would occasionally rise to a higher volume. Eren's eyes were closed most of the time and the shorter male was astonished; how was he playing this without knowing where his fingers were going?

His head nodded and his feet tapped to the beat as he grit his teeth. Levi was very impressed and taken aback. This boy had definitely improved, he thought,

He noticed how his added a lot of crescendos here and there and grinned; he sure was giving his all.

"You can stop now," Levi said. "You look like you're going to break my piano if you continue playing like that."

Eren stopped abruptly and opened his eyes as he apologized "Sorry."

"Your idea is very different and complex compared to mine," Levi sighed. "I'll see what I can do but I'm very glad to have seen you play again, Jaeger."

"Whatever."

"Now your mind may rest at ease. You won't hold a grudge against me now, right? I don't like it when people resent me."

"Don't push your luck, Mr. Ackerman."

---

AN:

boring chapter i know im so sorry

i was busy watching my animoo

ANIREVO IS IN TEN DAYS AND IM SO EXCITED

IS ANYONE GOING BC IF YOU ARE HMU BC I WANT TO MEET YOU HUMANS

dont forget to vote and comment if you enjoyed! thank you so much for reading!

~Your Friend Takeshi