Chapter 5.Hidden Feelings.

Maya-

We soon arrived at the Matthews apartment, Riley was the first one out of the car.
She soon opened Lucas's side of the car door and let him out of it,immediately linking arms with him.

I felt my eyes stinging,I was determined I wasn't going to cry,No ones ever seen me cry before,So why let anyone see me cry now?

"Maya?", Said Riley's father," Since Riley & Lucas have gone indoors could you help me Bring in some school books?I've got to do some marking."

"Of course", I forced myself to smile at him," I'll bring them in...you just go wait inside."

"Are you sure you don't need any help?", Said Mr Matthews, sounding surprised.

" Yes",I said thoughtfully, "I'm sure."

I wanted some time alone by myself,So I could think, Think about how everything.... Wasn't going to plan in my life.

People had always thought me and Lucas were a couple,Even when we were children,But he would always shook his head and chuckle.

Why did this...have to hurt so much?

Sure,I came across as if I hated him most of the time but....
Haven't you ever heard of hiding your feelings?Well,I have.

Riley would despise me if I ever dated Lucas,Me and Riley used to be friends,But she joined the populars.
So,Even from a young age,I've Always hidden my feelings,despite what others might say,No,I don't hate Lucas.

I grabbed the school books from the car as Mr Matthews told me to do,And soon enough brought them inside the appartment.

"Mr Matthews?", I asked him,He looked up at me,Awaiting for me to say something," Here are the books you wanted."

"Oh",He replied," Thank you,Maya."

"Your welcome,Mr Matthews", I responded," Where is Riley and Lucas?"

"There in Riley's bedroom", Said Mr Matthews,Pointing to a door with a dozen 'Rainbow' and 'unicorn' stickers over it.

She wasn't mature one bit,She was still her inner child.

" Oh,Well uh thanks,I'll walk in then shall I?",I asked him.

"Yeah", He smiled at me," You can keep an eye on the two of them."

"Why should I have to keep an eye on them?",I thought to myself,They've got nothing to do with me.
The only thing they've got to do with me is that Lucas is My best friend.

I smiled politely at Mr Matthews," Of course I'll keep an eye on them,Ya can count on me!"

"Thank you,Ms Hart", He smiled,and then began continuing with his paper works.

" No problem, Mr Matthews ",I replied,As I began walking towards Riley's bedroom door.

I carefully opened the door gently, Careful not to make a sound so I wouldn't interupt Mr Matthews from doing his work.

As I entered the room I saw Riley tugging at Lucas's shirt,And Kissing him,He kissed her back leaving me Frowning and watching.

I looked away from the two of them Kissing,I didn't want to face this pain.
Especially not in person.

" Sometimes we pretend not to care at all"
"we'll move on,and pretend Nothings happened."
"Only to save are selfs from heartbreak"

"So...",I interrupted them,"I'm guessing your a couple now?Well,Congratulations.", I forced myself to make a smile.

" I uh don't know what this makes us",Said an embarrassed Lucas,After they pulled apart.

"Well you don't kiss people randomly,Do you?",Said Riley,Her voice in a sweet tone.
It was so obviously fake,it annoyed me to no idea.
[Keep in mind they'll be friends in the end so....]

" No",I replied to Riley,"I suppose you don't,Shall I leave you two alone to talk about the kiss?"

"That would be splendid if you could", Riley smiled at me,As she began showing me the way out of her room,then slamming the door behind her.

" Riley!",Shouted her father,"Please do not slam the door again!"

"Sorry daddy!", She replied back,from her bedroom.

Mr Matthews gave a quick glance at me,Before Frowning," Are those to leaving you out?",He sighed,Looking worried.

"No!", I quickly replied," No...,I just thought they'd need privacy. "

"Privacy?", He said Looking confused," Oh,Okay.Well,Your in luck,Riley's uncle Josh,Who's 17,Is coming over today,So you'll finally have someone to talk to."

I smiled at him weakly,using everything I had inside of me to make the smile look realistic, "That'll be great!"

~

Yes,This story will be Lucaya despite the Rucas/Joshaya moments.
(Lucaya won in the comments so...there ya go xD)