Chapter 17.

When people don't usually tell people how they really feel, Those feelings you have Don't go instantly. You should tell someone how you feel, Rather then hide your feelings all the time.
The only thing you get out of hiding your feelings is a feeling of,No,Not freedom,But a feeling of sadness.

Lucas's POV-

"I...." I had never been given the chance to tell anyone how I felt before,So Maya giving me this chance made me extremely nervous.

"Go ahead." Maya Said softly. "I won't judge on how you feel/felt,After we kissed."

I nodded at her. "I'll be honest.I enjoyed the kiss. I admitted it slowly. " And before you say anything, The kiss wasn't planned,I promise you."
"I had a moment of madness where...,You looked so beautiful, Your eyes Gazing into mine,Your perfect soft lips...,I couldn't help myself."

Maya paused before saying anything,But instead she laughed softly. "Who knew Ranger Rick could be such a softy." She smiled at me,Gently nudging my arm.

I quickly kissed her forehead before she said anything more. "And who knew I could be attracted to my best friend?" I laughed slightly.

"Well,I didn't know you could be." Maya smiled. "I always thought you had a thing for brunette's an-"

"No." I interrupted her. "Most of the years of being your best friend I did have some feelings for you,But I weren't sure what type of feelings I actually had for you."
"That's why I dated other people,I thought these feelings would go away,But they didn't. I'm glad they didn't."

Maya smiled at me. "I'm glad too."
But her smiled soon turned to a frown. "But we can't let anything more happen,Afterall,You're going to Texas an-"

I soon interrupted her once more. "Don't you remember what I said before?You can come visit me every weekend,My family will pay for the fair."

"If your sure then." Said Maya Smiling at me,She soon walked up to me and wrapped her arms around me,Embracing us to hug. I hugged her back,I would miss these type of moments I had with her,These type of conversations I had.
But I knew one thing,I was thankful she could visit me on weekends,Up in Texas.

"I am sure." I smiled at her. "But I do have a question to ask,Ms Hart."

"And what would that be,Mr Friar?" Maya laughed.

"Would you do me the honour of becoming..." . I paused before saying anything else. "My girlfriend?"

Maya pouted playfully but grinned. "Huckleberry's girlfriend? Let me think about it." She said,Sticking her tongue out at me."I'd love to."

"Great!" I said Grinning."You don't know how happy this makes me."

Maya laughed. "You happy? God,I'm happy beyond words."

Before I could reply to her I soon heard a knock on the door.

"Lucas ,Dear?" Yelled my mother. "Can you open the door?"

I frowned. "Wait a second,Maya." I said,As I headed to the door in order to let her in.

As I reached the door I opened it for her. "Lucas,It's time for you to go to Texas."

"But---"

"No but's Lucas." My mother said. "Now,I'm going to take your bags into you're car,And you can wait here for me."

"Yes,Mom." I replied back to her,I felt relieved that I could spend my last few minutes with Maya, Before I finally went.

My mother smiled before grabbing the bags and leaving my bedroom, Closing the door behind her.

"Lucas?" Said Maya,Smiling at me.

"I want to give you something." I smiled back at her. "Something that will make me feel at least a little happy about going to Texas."

"And what would that be?" Maya grinned.

"Close your eyes." I said slowly, Immediately Maya did so.

I wanted to kiss her,As a going away present,As I said before, It would certainly cheer me up about leaving to Texas.

I looked at her carefully before Kissing her,All of her features were so delicate, So beautiful, I was curious as to why someone as beautiful and magnificent as her had gotten into my life,I was & still am lucky to have met her.

I carefully leaned forward and pressed my lips onto her soft ones,Maya must have felt my lips go onto hers,As she soon pressed hers back,I continued to kiss her passionately but gently.

Even though we had only had ten minutes before I left ,The time had felt a lot longer.

"Lucas." Said my mother walking into the room, Me and Maya almost pulled away immediately. My mother smiled at us. "I knew it."

"Um...knew what?" I said Nervously.

"I knew you two were secretly dating!" She laughed to herself. "Best friends can't be that close!"

"Mum..." I laughed nervously. "We've only started dating today,And...We kissed yesterday. But we haven't been dating behind your back."

My mum soon smiled. "Well,Congratulations you two. Now,Me and Maya can talk about you while your off to Texas. The cars waiting for you outside, Now go!I want to speak to Maya."

I nodded and quickly kissed Maya's cheek before racing out the door.

Maya's POV-

I smiled as I watched Lucas run out of the room,I would miss him,Miss him a lot.
But I was happy knowing that I would still be able to see him.

"Now,Maya." Mrs Friar smiled at me. "I want to speak about you and my baby boy,Lucas."

I tried to contain my laughter about the 'Baby boy' part,I knew Lucas would clearly be embarassed if he heard his mum say this.

"What about the cowboy?" I chuckled to myself.

"I want you to be good to Him, And him good to you." Mrs Friar grinned. "Do you promise me you'll be good to him?"

"Yes." I smiled at her. "I promise you."

A/N-

Sorry for not updating

I've been busy with school
And wattpad deleted this chapter after I finished so I had to redo it T.T

Anywhales,This isn't the end of the story,They'll be plenty more things happening.

And they'll be another update tonight.(Well,In other words, Three or two hours)

~ YoungxWild