Chapter 27.

Maya's POV-

"Maya!" Yelled my mother ,running up to my bedside. "Thank god,your okay! But why did you go on the bull?Are you okay?Your not in pain are you?"

She continued to fuss around me,Like any normal parent would if their child was to have injuries,It was nice to know she'd come all of this way to see me.
But I couldn't help but worry about the costs of her coming over,Or missing time off work,But maybe she had a day off today. Who knows?They did allow her to have time off sometimes.

"I'm fine,mom." I replied back to her,a little smile onto my face. "Really."

"Are you sure,babygirl?" My mom asked me,her tone sounding very worried.

"I'm sure,But how did you come all of this way?" I asked her,I was clueless.

"With the help of Lucas's mom,and Charlie."

"Charlie?" I asked her in confusion. Why Charlie?Why was he involved?

"His father could drive me here,which he did,Considering he knows you and Charlie are friends." Said my mom,Smiling. "He's a great boy,that Charlie."

He must have been that day,to get a vehicle ready so my mom could actually come and see me in the state that I was in. I was surprised, Considering ,Although I didn't know Charlie that well he seemed to care a great deal for me.

"Where's Charlie and his dad now then?" I asked my mom,This was all getting way too confusing for me. I didn't understand what was going on,and why everything was going on so quickly.

"There both outside,But I said to Charlie you could see him if your up to it." She grinned. "You don't know how happy the boy was when I told him that."

I couldn't disappoint him. But I didn't want to hurt Lucas's feelings, He usually hated it when I made a new friend. I could only help Lucas would be understanding this time around, Considering I was still in a state.

I was extremely tired and wanted to rest,But I knew I couldn't just yet. People wanted to see if I was okay and I had to let them see me to make sure I was okay,despite how I truly felt about the situation.

"Charlie can come in,You can get him now if the doctor will allow it." I smiled and nodded.

She nodded and walked out of the room,Walking around the corners. I could see this because of the windows near my room,It had view of what the doctors were doing on computers,Ect.

It was relatively interesting, Well much more interesting than staring up at the sealing the whole time.
That got incredibly dull and boring. There wasn't much to do in hospitals,But with the things people offered and allowed me to do I was more then willing to do it.

Moments after moments. Minutes after minutes I continued to wait for my mom and Charlie to come.

I'm probably exaggerating a little,But waiting inside of a hospital does feel like forever.
But I suppose I should be thankful the doctors are actually taking care of me.

I glanced outside the window once more to see two people,My mum and right behind her was Charlie Gardner,I honestly couldn't believe he was here.
I thought she could have lied or . . . . . well,She doesn't really lie,She's never lied to me. Why would today be any different? I found myself asking. It should be an ordinary day. Well,Whatever the true definition of 'Ordinary' is too most people.

Charlie opened the door and went inside the room.

"I'm going to leave you kids be,and go make myself a coffee,Alright?" My mom asked.

"That's fine,I'll talk to Charlie." I responded.

My mum nodded and left.

"Hey,Maya." Charlie said to me,Smiling. "I've missed you." His tone was Soft which was quite soothing for some bizarre reason.

"I've missed you too." I said, smiling back at him.

He walked towards my bedside and kneeled down, That way I could see him a lot more easier.
"Maya,Promise me you won't ride that bull,Or any bull ever again,for me. You could have gotten hurt,I don't want you hurt." He replied back to me,his facial expression had gone from soft to looking concerned.

"Charlie .... I promise I won't ride any bull again,Or any for that matter."

"Good,I don't want you more hurt then you already are." Said Charlie. "You must be exhausted."

"I am,sorta. But it's nice seeing you, Lucas, My mom and everyone."

"It's nice seeing you too,Maya. Are you going to come back too New York when your better?" Charlie asked me.

I nodded. "I am,I'm pretty sure I am anyway,But I guess it won't matter since aren't we supposed to be finishing school next week anyway?"

"We are." He said,But then he suddenly chuckled. "You remember that,but not homework."

"Ah." I said ,tapping my fingers. "I remember the things I want to,and homework shall not be one of them."

"I like your rebellion attitude." He said,laughing. "You'll need that in life."

"And you'll need to stop the whole good attitude, and let yourself go loose once in a while,Charlie." I replied back to him,laughing gently.

He got up from the floor and sat down on my bed,being careful not to hurt any of my body parts.
He then looked at me. "Your right,Maya. All I ever do is do things the safe way,Not the rebellious way like you."

"I don't mean get to rebellious." I replied back to him. "I mean,look at me, I'm injured. It depends on what your doing,That's all I meant to come across as."

He laughed and grinned at me. "I know,I know. But if you know me at all,you'd know I wouldn't ride a bull."

"You wouldn't,But there's other rebellious things to do in life,Or you could just try and have fun,relax." I grinned back at him.

~

Sorry for taking too long to update,I've been more or less busy spending time with family.

I hope you've all had a great Christmas, And have a great new year too.

~YoungxWild.