Chapter 14. Texas?

Maya's POV-

Today had been a dreadfully boring day.

But thank goodness it was home time,I had planned to meet up with Lucas,Afterall he did say he had something to tell me.

Although whatever it was,He didn't seem happy about it,If anything he seemed deeply upset.

I hated seeing him hurt or upset ,So I quickly rushed over to his place.

I walked past my own home then headed over to Lucas's, In about two minutes time I'd be there.

I wasn't sure on how or what to say to Lucas ,He seemed like he was hiding something... Which he probably was.

Knowing my luck Riley and Lucas would have both gotten back together and hadn't had told me,That could be Why Riley was so distant from me this morning.
But then again ,She could just be being herself.She's usually distant with me anyway.

I continued walking to Lucas's, Moments later I soon arrived, I Nervously walked up to the door ,Carefully placing my hand on the door before knocking.

Without caution I knocked on the door twice,Mainly because I wasn't sure whether or not they had heard the first knock.

Moments after waiting Lucas finally came to the door. "Come in." He frowned.

"Well,Someone look's happy to see me ,Now don't they?" I mumbled sarcastically.

"Well,you won't be happy when you hear what I'm going to be telling you." Lucas sighed to himself.

"W-why..?" I asked ,I felt my heart racing fast. "Lucas...just tell me.."

"Fine.." He muttered Nervously. "I'm moving back to Texas."

"Texas?" I said quietly. But then I started yelling it. "TEXAS?WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?"

"I'm sorry ,Maya." He said quietly.

"Lucas...". I sobbed ,I never cried but he was my best friend. " Don't go...stay with me and my mom."

"As much as I'd love to..I can't." Lucas sighed to himself. "My mom wants me to live with my dad for a bit."

"W-why?" I stuttered ,I never stuttered unless I was utterly upset.But in this case,I was upset.
No,I was extremely upset.

"H-he...He wants me to spend time up there with him,And the rest of my other family." Lucas replied,Looking down at the floor instead of looking up at me.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I said sternly, I couldn't believe he wouldn't tell me,His best friend.

"I had only found out yesterday, How could I have told you???!?!?" He yelled. "I didn't want to upset you!I was upset already, How do you think I would feel when I've got to tell my best friend,The person I've known longest in my entire life!"

I froze when he yelled,He rarely ever did. But he was upset,I was upset,I couldn't blame him. "Y-you can't leave me,Lucas!I need you,I've always needed you in my life...,Your my best friend." Losing him would be like losing half of myself,He was like the other half of me that I needed No matter what.
"When do you leave?"

"Tomorrow." He frowned. "But I'd rather spend the rest of the night with you,Rather then with anyone else.Would you spend the rest of the night with me?"

"Yes..." It was my last night with my best friend.My mum would have to say yes to letting me stay with him for the rest of the day.

"Great..." He mumbled to himself. "You can stay over in the extra room too...if you want..,I want to at least see your face before I leave in the morning."

I nodded."I'll stay."
~~~~
[I can't remember whether I wrote about when they first met each other so,I do apologize/ The writing from this is from Lana Del Rey,If any of you want to hear it ,its called 'I still love him' ,So you can hear it I've put it up in the media bit]

~~
And I remember when I met him, it was so clear that
he was the only one for me.

I remembered the first day we had met,How he wanted to Be my friend when no one else would,How he could make me laugh as if it was the easiest thing in the world for him,How he could cheer me up with just a smile.
Anything he did would Calm me down.
We both knew it, right away.

And as the years went on, things got more difficult -
we were faced with more challenges.

We faced issues such as me,Missing my father, Then middle school.
Middle school, Is supposed to be great---- Amazing even, But for me and Lucas,It was anything but treat.
But I was Thankful for him being with me throughout middle school.

I begged him to stay.

I begged him to stay with me,I didn't want him to leave me-----Or his family, I needed him,No I didn't need him,I HAD to have him with me,No matter what.

Try to remember what we had at the beginning.

What we had together at the beginning was beautiful, I had hoped it would have been like this till the end.

He was charismatic, magnetic, electric and everybody knew it.
When he walked in every girl's head turned, everyone stood up
to talk to him.

Everyone spoke to him,Even tried to flirt or become 'Best friends' with him,But he was very vague with them,Not saying much,He had always promised he would stay friends with me,No matter what.

He was like this hybrid, this mix of a boy who couldn't contain himself.

I always got the sense that he became torn
between being a good person and
missing out on all of the opportunities that life could
offer a man as magnificent as him.

Life could have offered him dozens of opportunities, A guy as smart as him could have got into a private school.But he didn't.Even when he did have the chance,He would rather spend his future,His school life with his best friend,We had always promised each other we would go to the same school,College,University, And whatever happens next.

And in that way I understood him
and I loved him.
I loved him, I loved him, I loved him.
And I still love him.
I love him.

But I came to realise something,What I had wasn't a crush,It was love.
I loved him.
No one could tell me otherwise.
I loved him.I still love him.

A/N-

The other day I was listening to the audio,So I thought it would be good to use.

Sorry for taking so long to update,I've been dealing with school,And not really had enough time to update.

The story is far from over,Despite Lucas leaving.And Lucaya is still happening since Lucaya won in the comment section sooooo..

But anyways, Enjoy?:P

~EyesWideOpenx