Chapter 25.

Maya's POV-

I.was.on.the.Bull.

Remind me again why I got myself into this madness?

Tombstone had began to get crazy around the arena. I hated to admit it , But I was frightened of riding the bull. I had never rode one before --- Yet I had told a lie just so Lucas wouldn't have too ride the bull.

Tombstone continued to get more from wild and reckless,I clutched onto him tightly hoping I wouldn't fall off him that way.

"Come on Maya!Your doing great!" I heard Lucas said,But I couldn't help but feel as if I wanted him to come and help me. I needed help. I couldn't do this alone.

But even holding on tight,Tombstone lifted his back legs in the air,Then front Causing me to scream.

Lucas looked gobsmacked as tombstone continued to act like this in the Arena,He looked frightened himself.

"Maya,Listen ... I'm going to come in,Is that okay?" He asked me.

I shook my head and yelled. "Don't! I already feel as if I'm about to fall off."

Lucas ran closer to the fence. "Maya!"

He was angry and disappointed I wouldn't let him come to get me. But Lucas shouldn't be the one to get hurt,I should since he's far more important to me then anything.

Tombstone kicked his legs backwards one last time,Causing me to fly backwards off of him.

"MAYA!" I heard Lucas scream ,Screaming was the last thing I heard.

Lucas's POV-

I quickly climbed over the fence in order to see Maya,I wanted to see if she was okay.

Pappy Joe climbed over after me too,to see if Maya was alright, She obviously wasn't.
She was lying on the ground.

"Ring an ambulance!" I yelled to my mother.

She ran off ,Going to the nearest phone box. I sat down on the dusty sand in the Arena,Whilst ,Grand Pappy Joe put Tombstone in his stable.[If that's what you call it for bulls?idek.xD]

"Maya." I whispered. "Please be okay."

It was no use saying 'Are you okay?' She clearly wasn't.

Maya didn't respond. But she was clearly breathing, You could tell. Her chest was going up and down which was a good sign.

Many moments later my mother ran up to us,She had a concerned look on her face.
"They're coming as fast as they can." She said to me ,in a calm,soft voice. Similar to the way she talked to me when I was a lot younger then I am now.

"Thanks." I nodded,My voice a little croaky since I hadn't said anything in a few minutes.

"Your welcome,Sweety." She responded. "Right now,Are main priority is Maya,Let's hope she's alright, dear."

I smiled. "Maya?She's strong,intelligent,Brave. She should be fine." Maya had a lot of brilliant qualities about her.

I looked down at Maya,So did my mother. My mother patted my shoulder and smiled at me. "She's strong,She'll get through." She smiled sympathetically at me.

I nodded and smiled a little. "She will,She always does."

Moments later ,Maya's eyelids soon started opening. "What's happened?"

"You went on the bull, remember?" I replied back to her. I was stunned she was okay. But she was still lying on the ground.

"Ohh. The bull." Said Maya. After a while she tried to attempt at lifting her head up.

"Don't do that ,dear." Said my mother,her tone very sympathetic. "We don't know if you've injured yourself on your neck, do we dear?"

Maya sighed. "Your right. I honestly don't know if I've injured it or not,But right now its hurting along with my leg."

"It will hurt,Dear." She replied back. "But soon an ambulance should be here ----- then you'll be all better."

Maya smiled in response. I was surprised she could smile in the situation she was in. If I was her,I couldn't smile. I'd be in too much pain to smile.
This proved how strong she was. It really, really did. She was everything I had always described her as.

No --- She was much ,much more then what I had described her as.
She was beyond all of that,She was my short stack of pancakes. A talented artist.
She was going to be fine.
She was going to pull through this.

"Lucas?"

"Lucas?"

"LUCAS!"

I turned around. I must have dazed off into the distance. I did have a lot going on in my mind.
But right now,Maya was my main priority.

"Yes,mom?" I asked her.

"Finally, You've answered me." She said. "Anyway,That's not the point, the point is that the ambulance people are here now. They've allowed the two of us to both go with her in the ambulance."

"That's good." I smiled a little. I was glad that I was allowed to go with her,to see how everything was going to happen at the hospital. "C'mon. Let's go to the ambulance."

The ambulance was parked nearby the Arena --- Next to the arena,in fact.
One ambulance man was standing near Maya. "Don't worry,kid. We'll help you." The ambulance man said,Causing Maya to smile.

"Thank you." Maya replied back,her smile was still there. It hadn't disappeared. Which was odd for Maya,She rarely ever smiled.
But once she did smile .... Her smile could light up anything.

A/N -

The books coming to an end. Only a few chapters left.

Slow updates since I've had several tests lately, Meaning I've had to revise a lot.

But other then that,I should be more frequent now with updates because I have no more tests currently which is good.

I'm currently writing a new Lucaya book called 'Radio' ,Which should be up by today or so.

And sorry if this chapter seems dull or boring. I sort of rushed writing this,due to being busy this week.

~YoungxWild.