Chapter 31.

Maya's POV-

"This date is being to be pointless, neither of them are having fun. Look at them, there not even looking at each other." I said to Lucas, Frowning.

I was so sure this would work out, but I guess I was wrong. I should never go with what I think makes a 'perfect' couple. He and Riley weren't perfect, they were in complete and utter silence.

Especially since I cared deeply about Charlie's happiness I couldn't stand seeing him have a terrible time on his date.

"Lucas?I think I should make up an excuse so Charlie can leave. He isn't having a great time." I said, Biting my bottom lip nervously.

"Maya, I'm your boyfriend. Not Charlie, why do you have to think up of an excuse?He can do it himself."

Lucas didn't understand. Charlie wasn't the overly confident type where he could walk out on a date, he cared too much about people's feelings to do that.

"You are my boyfriend, Lucas. You know that I like you, I just want to make sure Charlie is okay. He's our friend too, you know." I said to Lucas, Sighing to myself.

"Your right, your right. Fine, go and sort this out. We can go out another time."

I kissed his cheek and smiled a little. "Thank you, Lucas."

He smiled and said nothing, looking in my direction as I headed over to Riley and Charlie who were still sitting in silence. Well, not complete silence. Riley was tapping her fingers on the table, making her seem very bored and Charlie was drinking from his smoothie looking unhappy.

"Charlie?"

"Yes, Maya?" Said Charlie, lifting his head upwards to look at me.

"I forgot, you need to help me with something and so does Lucas."

Lucas needed to be included, Actually, maybe this would be a good excuse to get Lucas and Charlie to bond together. They didn't get along exactly well, maybe this would be good.

Me and Riley could attempt at being friends too, everything would go fine this way.

"Scratch that, Lucas needs you for something." I said, looking at them both.

Lucas looked confused, as did Charlie.

"I do?"
"He does?"

"Yes, He does. Lucas has been wanting to practise his basketball for quite some time now, and since I don't really like it that much I thought you would be perfect for it, Charlie." I said to them both. "You are perfect for it, aren't you Charlie?"

He shrugged but slowly nodded. "I guess so, I kinda like basketball and could do with practise."

"Then it's settled! You and Lucas can go practise some basketball together and I am going to speak to Riley for a bit, have fun guys!" I said, Smiling at them both.

"Thanks!"

Lucas and Charlie both walked out of the door, leaving me and Riley alone.

I walked over to the seating area where Riley was sat and smiled at her.

"Hey, I don't think we've had a chance to properly become friends. Have we?" I smiled at her. I wasn't generally like this, helpful or whatever you want to call it, but it was worth it for attempting at being friends with Riley and the guys being friends together.

Riley shook her head and smiled back at me. "No, I don't think we have had a chance at all, Maya. It's a shame, really. You seem pretty relaxed."

Relaxed?I guess I could be most of the time. Some of the time I could be the most chill person on earth, other times I could have a really fierce temper which scared people. I was glad for people to define me as relaxed, as I wanted to be thought of as a normal person, but I can't be normal. No one is normal, I guess.

"You seem relaxed too." I smiled, gently at her. "I've seen pictures of your purple cats around school, their pretty cool."

"Thanks!" She giggled. "I love painting cats ... And purple! But the teacher always hides the purple paint away from me. I can't figure out why though."

I could figure out why. She had purple paint covering all of her arms and even her face, sometimes. She loved the colour and cats with a passion.

Lucas's POV-

I thought Maya was going to spend time with Charlie, I guess I was wrong.

It felt like Maya never had time for me, or I never had time for her. I suppose since things had gotten in the way an awful lot it seemed like we had no time for being friends or boyfriend and girlfriend.

I was thinking of asking her to do something with me at the weekend, things wouldn't get in the way this way, would they?I could only hope stuff wouldn't get in the way of me asking her.

Anyway, me and Charlie were walking over to the local park, they had a great place to play basketball which I loved. I loved basketball a lot, it had helped me through a lot when I lived in Texas. It had helped me when people looked down on me in Texas, when I felt like I didn't fit in, the drama before me and Maya first dated.

Basketball helped me a lot more than you, or anyone else could ever imagine.

I wasn't sure if Charlie had played basketball much before, but I was still looking forward to playing.

I sometimes played basketball with my friend, Zay. I forgot to mention him, I don't see him a lot anymore due to circumstances after Texas ...
But we did have a lot of fun playing basketball as kids, but me and Maya had fun at our park, sure, it had faults and things which has ruined it but it was still our beautiful park.

Something we would forever adore, despite how old or ruined it had gotten.

A/N~

I apologise for not updating, I haven't been on this account much and I've been having to revise an awful lot since I have exams coming up soon. >.<

I'll try and update more now though, as I don't have exams for about a month or so?I don't know. >.<

~HuckIeberries.