Chapter 7. New York-

Lucas's POV-

When I finally got a chance to be left along with Maya,I decided to have a word with her.

"Maya!", I scolded," What is wrong with you?"

"Nothing", Said Maya innocently at me,Her eyes sparkling at me," Why would you think something's wrong?"

"Because there obviously is", I replied back to her," And I'm determined to find out what."

"Search me", She shrugged," But I guarantee you,You'll never find out what's wrong with me."

"And why would that be?", I asked Maya,Frowning.

" Because your to blind to see past what's actually the matter with me!",Said Maya scowling at me,Never once has she ever scowled at me before.
So there was definitely something up with her.

"Maya!F-fine..I'll admit it,I haven't been that much of a great friend to you,But what's wrong?", I asked her,I couldn't help but worry about my best friend.

" Nothings wrong..Nor does it matter",Said Maya,Sighing to herself, "Josh and Riley are coming over now.."

"Oh...", Was all that could come out of me,I wanted to speak to Maya longer.

" Ya don't seem to happy about that,Huckleberry ",She snickered at me.

" Huckleberry? Really?No,I am happy, just worrying about my best friend,sorry!",I complained to Maya.

"Worry about me?", She gasped dramatically," Oh,I didn't know you could worry about anyone but yourself!"

"Shut up,Maya!", I yelled," I don't know what's got into you,But I don't like it!"

"Well your gonna have to get used to it then,Aren't ya?", She said.

Riley and Josh soon approached us moments later,Josh was carrying a lot of shopping,Clothes shopping to be exact, Riley was smiling about the clothes and being all happy...,Yet she didn't even bother to help her uncle carry all of this shopping.

" Lucas!",Riley squealed excitedly,as she ran up to me,"I've missed you!!!"

But she was only gone ten minutes... How can you miss someone in about ten minutes..?

"Woah!", I laughed at this excitement, It was like what my Little sister would do,"Calm down,sis."

"Sis?", Questioned Riley," What do you mean,sis?"

"I-uh..sorry! It just slipped out!", I said worriedly, I-i was thinking of my little sister,sorry."

"D'aww,Lucas,Your such a nice guy!Always thinking of others!", Said Riley happily linking arms with me.

" Haha,Uh thanks I guess",I smiled weakly at her,She smiled brightly back.

There was only one thing running through my brain during all of this.

Why couldn't this be Maya instead of Riley?

Maya's POV-

"Hey,Lucas", I smiled at Josh.

" Uh,My name isn't Lucas,its Josh... ",Said Josh,clearly getting embarrassed.

" Oh...I-uh..sorry,Josh, I've just got a lot on my mind",I sighed,as I looked at my best friend.

"Maybe I can help you get it off your mind?", Said Josh,Smiling at me sympathetically.

" How?",I asked him,As I awaited for an answer.

"Maybe by going on a walk together,in the park?", He asked me,Grinning.

" Um,sure..that's a great idea!",I said,forcing myself to smile,if I couldn't be happy with Lucas,I might as well try and be happy with Josh.

Josh chuckled and flexed his muscles, "Haha,Great,I'm glad you think so."

I smiled at him,He probably thought I was going to get 'Transfixed' by his muscles, but boy was he wrong,I didn't care about looks.

~

Short chapter... Mainly because people kept asking me to update again xD

But oh whales,this is 600+ words(since I was lazy to write anymore )

I think that's enough. XD

Sorry for any errors,its really earlier over here...XD

~ EyesWideOpenx