Chapter 20. Oh wait. . .

Maya's POV-

Oh wait...

Oh god no...

It can't be....

No....,It was Rebel who had flirted with me.

God ,Am I slow or something?

I should have realized it in the first place. I hate myself for not realizing it was him.
Besides , I thought he didn't attend John Quincy Adams anyway ,I thought he had left.

I turned around before heading home. "Uh...Hey,Dude?You still there?" I yelled ,As he began walking.

He turned around. "Yes ,Blondie?"

"Aren't you uh....Brand-"

"Rebel. It's Rebel , Beautiful." He smirked , Winking at me.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever."

"How do you know my name anyway?" Rebel--- Or Brandon should I say , asked.

"Don't you remember?" I said ,With a blank expression on my face. "Remember you said John Quincy Adams was a dump,And told me to quit the whole 'Bad girl' act?"

"Oh." He chuckled gently to himself. "I remember that."

"So do I." I frowned.

"Good memories ,Right?" He grinned. "Good memories."

"Good memories to you." I replied back to him. "But not to me or......"

"Or who?" Brandon replied back to me.

"Lucas. . . ." I said slowly.

"Oh...uh is the guy okay ,the way you say his name it makes me think...." He said,Looking lost for words. "Something has uh...happened?"

I nodded. "Something has happened."

"And...?" He glanced at me.

I shrugged my shoulders at him. "And ,what?"

"And what has happened?" He sighed in frustration, As if me answering was one of the simplest things in the entire world.

"He's left for Texas." I sighed.

"Well , who can contain you now?" He smirked. "God , You can be really rebellious when you want , you know that Blondie?"

"Yes,I know that." I frowned. "But I'm trying not to be ,For my mum...my friends , And most of all,Lucas."

"That's a shame." He laughed lightly. "The old you was a lot more fun ,And careless of what people thought of her."

"Nothing you can say will make me go back into the girl I was //And still sorta am." I sighed. "Now , can you let me go?"

"Uh sure Blondie, whatever." He said ,He then walked off without looking back at me.

I felt glad that he would no longer be speaking to me , Or flirting , But I felt lonely all the same.
I had no friends really , Other then Lucas.

I decided to try and think about the positive things in my life instead , Such as seeing my mom. I couldn't wait to see her , She was so caught up in work it had only just made me have a moment of realization on how much I've actually missed her.

I missed her a lot.

But thank goodness , I was nearly at home finally.

I couldn't wait to go and see my mother,I just couldn't.

Lucas's POV-

"I'm not being noisy!---Ugh ,You know what,Never mind." I laughed. But my laugh was a mixture of a sigh and a laugh ,I felt a mixture of different emotions.

"Lucas,Dear." My aunt frowned. "Don't argue you back to your elders ,Your supposed to respect me."
"If you don't respect me,Then you'll never respect anyone."

What. The . heck.

I had respected her and she clearly hadn't respected me.

Well. I didn't know what to think of my first impression since being back in Texas , I really didn't.

Should I be happy?
Sad?

I don't been know.

it's mixed emotions which is normal , I guess.

"I DO respect people." I slowly replied. "Sorry if it seems I don't,But if you know me at all then you'll know I do actually respect people."

"Ah,Well that's a good boy then!" She grinned at me. I didn't grin back.

I wasn't a good 'Little boy' ,I was a teenager for gods sake. But she probably didn't know the difference.

"Yeah.....,Anyway,Can I see my room now?" I said impatiently,

"Of course you can,Silly!" She laughed. "Why didn't you ask in the first place?"

"I DID ask." I implied.

"Oh , Well , Silly me!" She giggled Cheerfully. "I'll take you right this instance."
She then paused but added on. "But I'll try and not be so forgetful in future."

I chuckled at that. "Don't be. I can be a little forget able myself, Don't worry about it ,Aunt."

"Oh well,Thank you for understanding!" She smiled brightly at me. "Now , Let's take you to your room."

"Yes,Mam'. " I laughed as she began walking up some wooden pine stairs.

I breathed in the air , it smelt just like home.

Only , It didn't smell like the home I was used to.
But it was comforting all the same , I did slightly like it here , But I felt as if I was never going to enjoy it as much as I did back in new York.

New York had mainly been my home , But hopefully I'd be home soon.

Two months doesn't last forever... Does it?
Well,it can feel like it. But luckily it doesn't , it'll hopefully go by really quickly.

"Right , We're almost here ,near your room." Said my aunt, Huffing and puffing as she continued to go up the stairs. She had clearly lost her breath a little , Yet we hadn't gone up a lot of stairs either.

"Sorry." She said nervously, Her voice wavering a little. "I've got asthma , it plays up every so often."

"It's fine , Aunt." I nodded. She looked worried. "Really, Don't worry about it."

"Thank you."

"Also , Take your time." I smiled. "I don't want you getting out of breath again , No one wants that Aunt , So be careful and take care when going up the stairs."

"Aww,Thank you." She smiled , But frowned slightly. "You remind me so much of your father."

"I do?" I said sadly. But I shouldn't be sad. My father was a man to be proud of. But all the same , I missed him an awful lot.

A/N-

Slow updates because of school and I'm stressed still soooooooooo

Anywhales ,sorry for taking so long.

Also,Thank you for 290+ followers,I'm really close to 300+ now. :-0

~ YoungxWild