The drive to the hospital was quiet. I appreciated the quietness, because I was in no mood to talk. I just wanted to see my father.

We arrived at the hospital several minutes later. Lianne parked the car in a parking spot near the entrance. We quickly got out the car and rushed inside the hospital.

Once we were inside the hospital, I began looking around for Derek. He was no where in sight. I took out my phone and dialed his number, putting the phone to my ear.

"Hey, this is Derek. I'm sorry I couldn't get to the phone right now, leave a message and I'll be sure to get back to you."

Freaking great. Straight to voicemail. I hung up the phone and put it in my back pocket. I looked around once more and I finally saw Derek being escorted by nurses in my direction.

"Derek!!" I quickly rushed over to where he was. "Derek, where is he? I need to see him! I want to see him!" Tears began to escape my eyes.

"Belle, calm down," He calmly said. I saw that his eyes were red and puffy. He had definitely been crying.

"I want to see him Derek! Please, I need to see him!" I cried out.

"Are you guys family?" The nurse asked the both of us. Derek and I both nodded. "Yes, we're his children," He answered.

"Well then, a doctor should be out soon to give you two an update on how he is doing, but for now you two have to wait." The nurse fixed her scrubs and left through the double doors.

"Let's go sit down," Derek mumbled, leading me back to the waiting room, where Lianne was sitting down looking down at her phone. I sat down next her, with Derek sitting next to me.

Lianne looked at the both of us. "Well any news?" We both shook our heads. "What happened though? You never told me Ana."

I swallowed the lump in my throat. I didn't want to talk about it and she got the hint, so Derek told her.

"He had a heart attack."

She stared at the both of us, shocked. "Oh my God," She whispered to herself, looking down at her lap after. I watched as her eyes filled up with tears. Lianne and I have known each other since we were little, so my parents were like her parents.

So when my mother passed away, she was devastated. So knowing why my father is in the hospital, must be really upsetting her. I wrapped my arms around her, pulling her closer to me.

A few tears made its way down my cheeks.

Derek gently rubbed my back. "Don't worry, he's going to be okay."

"Derek Thompson?"

I looked up and saw a nurse standing in front of us.

"Your father is asking for you. Please, follow me."

The three of us quickly stood up from our seats and followed the nurse to my father's room. We finally reached his room, stopping in front of the door before entering. "I would suggest only family go in," The nurse said, glancing at Lianne.

Lianne looked at both Derek and I. "Go ahead in, I'll wait here."

Derek nodded as he opened the door, revealing my father laying on the bed, conscious. My father smiled at us weakly. "Derek. Anabelle. Come in," He said, his voice raspy. We walked in, Derek closing the door behind me.