28 Years Later

"Lily-Rose Jess Rivers, please come here!" I shouted through the house. It was her first day of school and she will not be late! I heard heavy footsteps as she came down the stairs. She had her SpoungeBob rucksack in her hand, whilst wearing her school uniform. Her dark brown hair came to her shoulders, her dress was mid thy length. I looked into her eyes and brought myself down to her height.

"Are you nervous?" I asked, with pity. She nodded, looking down to her feet and shuffling them slightly. I stroke her hair and said

"Darling, it's gong to be fine! Just be yourself and everyone will love you! Now where is that Father of yours?" I asked her as she laughed. I heard more heavy stomps, her Father came into sight. He looked of of breath, but he hasn't changed at all. Antonio took her hand and gave me a nod and took her to school.

"Waaaaaaaaaaaa."

The baby monitor told me that my other child has woken up. Quickly, I ran up the stairs to find him. I picked him up from his cot, he was only two! And was a splitting image of Antonio.

"Leo Eddie Rivers," I whispered, comforting him. Both of the children were named after people in the family. Leo- Antonio's middle name, Eddie (Edward) - My Dad's name, Lily-Rose - after his Grandma. I walked downstairs, to see post. I sat down and opened it.

Dear Jade,
I heard you have two children now and are still going strong. I wish you both the best of luck. I was writing to tell you I'm moving to Australia with Peter. We haven't had children yet but we plan to. I'm sorry for all the trouble I caused at school, I hope we can still be friends, rather than being rivals to each other. I know we haven't spoken in a long time, but I think we argued for nothing. I haven't written to Jess or Emily, because I don't know where they are, but if you see them please tell them I'm sorry. I wasn't a very nice person back then, but I'm married and I've seen sense. Which has taken a lot longer than necessary. I was hoping to meet up before we go, are you and your family free?
I hope you forgive me,
Love from Louise Stan xxx

There was a picture from prom, all those years ago, showing her and Peter. But there was another one showing my friends and I. Smiling, I nodded. I will forgive her, after all these years, at least she has apologised. I heard a gurgle from Eddie's tummy, indicating he was hunrgy. I placed the letter on the side and made my way to the kitchen. We did argue for no reason, she wanted to change that.
And for once,
So did I.