Chapter 1

Percy's POV

After hearing Jessica, l ran to the fotest recklessly.

Jessica was right beside me, leading the way.

I thought l could live peacefully. The fates must have something against me.

Please be okay.

I skidded to a stop.

The hellhounds were circled around something. One looked up and snarled.
l froze as it bared it's teeth.

They were dripping red.

Without thinking, l ran into the mob of hellhounds. One bit me, but l shook it off. His mangled body layed still, unmoving.

No.

Everything came flashing back. Annabeth's death, Andrew's death- the way they layed still with glassy eyes. The hellhounds exploded into golden dust. I carefully picked him up and held him close to myself, trying to keep my emotions under control. The familiar aching in my heart came alive again, letting me feel the agonizing throbbing all over again. I closed my eyes tight once, and opened them again, sighing.

"Lets go back to camp." I said to Jessica.

How would l face Annabeth?

~

Annabeth was a wreak while we were burning his shroud.

Posiedon had heard the news and had came right away, and was looking the flames with sad eyes. I had a arm around Annabeth, but it didn't seem to comfort me in anyway. The camp was silent exept for sniffs and crying. I wanted to cry like Annabeth and completely break down, but l knew l couldn't.

I hated being the leader.

l could feel a few sideways glances. I knew someone wanted to ask me if l was okay, and l wanted to hear it so bad. But l knew why they couldn't. I took a deep breath, and just couldn't hold it in.

I let a few tears drip out of my eyes and let the sea churn.

~

Annabeth' POV

I just wanted someone to blame.

l was in my cabin, crying for days. The loss of Theo made me a quivering ball of blond curls and nothing else. I knew he was gone. I saw his body. It was so gruesome and so terrible l knew it would haunt me for years. A few people had visited me. My cabinmates barely came in the cabin, and l felt isolated.

Percy came in.

I didn't want to see him, but wanted to at the same time. He looked like Theo, which comforted me and haunted me at the same time. He sat on my bed next to me, and hugged me tight.

Suddenly, hate surged up inside me. Hate for Percy. I hated him because he was so calm- too calm and collected. Nobody would of known his son had died. It looked like he didn't care.
"Annabeth-"
I pushed him away forcefully. "l hate you." I sobbed.
He raised both of his hands. "I'm sorry. But please come out. You have to eat. It's not your fault."
"It's your fault!" I cried. "How can you just be so.... Cold?"
His face fell. "It's not that."

I shuddered and covered my ears. "Get out."
"Annabeth-"
"GET OUT!"

He closed his eyes once, tight and left me on the bed, crying my eyes out.

~

"Annabeth."

I looked up with Piper with bleary eyes.
"Eat."
I stared at the food. "I don't feel like it."
"Eat."
I took a few bites, lulled by her charmspeaking.
"Shouldn't you go see Percy?"
I shook my head.
"You two fought."
I stayed still at that.
"Annabeth, you shouldn't come out like that at Percy. He's having a hard time too."
"I know." I sniffed. "But he doesn't tell me anything. I can't help it that he looks so much like.... Theo."
Her eyes softened. "I'll go and talk to him."
I put my head in my hands. "What do l do?"
"Don't be so harsh to Percy."
"I don't know how." I wailed.
She shook her head. "You'll regret it."

l sighed. "I don't know."