Whoops.

I sat down on my quilt next to Dan in the lawn of my old High School, waiting for the fireworks to start.

"I can't believe you've never come to Minnesota for the Fourth. I mean, we're just as patriotic as any other state but still." I said, looking over to Dan.

"I've never really had a reason to come." He said as Connor, Ricky, and Kian approached us and sat on the other blankets I had around.

"Hey guys!" I said cheerfully as they settled in.

"Hey Jenni! Hey Dan!" They all said, slightly out of unison. (I don't even know.)

"I'm so glad you guys could watch the fireworks with us." I said as the first firework shot into the sky.

Aviary POV

"I can't believe I'm pregnant!" I said, dialing Zoe's number into my phone.

"Hello? I'm with Alfie, Jim, and Tan right now. What's up?" She responded, and I heard a collective hello from them.

"I'm pregnant!" I said happily, looking at Joe who was simply beaming.

"What? No way!" She said, and I could hear congratulations through the phone.

"Yes way! We are just going to get some food now but I thought I should tell you guys. Alright got to go." I said, putting the phone up to my ear.

"Alright, good luck!" She said before hanging up.

"Okay, let's go to lunch."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where do you want to go eat?" Joe asked as we walked along the streets.

"Nando's?" I asked with a raised eyebrow before a black flash came before my eyes and I had an intense pain in my stomach.

"Aviary, please be okay. Someone! Help!" Joe yelled, picking me up and running to the nearest hospital. I don't know if it was because if the position I was in but my stomach started bleeding out, pooling in my shirt and running down Joe's arms to splatter on the pavement in a terrifying little pitter patter that only meant I was closer to death.

"Can you help her? Please!" Joe yelled as he ran to the front desk and a nurse called some doctors down who put me on a gurney away from Joe. Seeing his tear stained face gave me a worse pain than I have ever felt.

They put me under to remove the bullet and stitch me up as I was told and it only seemed as though I was asleep for a second before they were poking me awake.

"Mrs.Sugg? We need to talk to you about something extremely important." A doctor said, looking at his clipboard.

"Is my baby okay?" I asked, touching my stomach and spreading a worse pain than I have ever felt throughout my whole body.

"We never saw anything that could have progressed to be a baby, and there never will be. The gunshot ruined your uterus and there is nothing we can do to help you. You can never have children." He told me, and I could almost see pity in his eyes. "We have already told your husband and he told us to tell you he will be staying with his sister fora day or two."

"He just left?" I asked, tears forming in my eyes.

"Yes, he seemed incredibly upset when we told him." He said, looking back down at his clipboard and then leaving.

Jenni POV

"Wow, those were so pretty." I said as I started to fold the blanket me and Dan sat on. Connor was helping me fold the rest as Dan went with Kian and Ricky to go get their car. We had walked but it was so late that we wanted to get a ride home with them.

"Get in the car girl, we're going shopping." Ricky said from the driver's window and Connor and I put the blankets in the trunk and piled into the wayback of Ricky's car.

"We're not actually going shopping are we?" I asked, leaning on the window side of my seat.

"Heck yeah we are! Midnight tacos!" Kian yelled, pumping his fists in the air.

Just then, my phone started ringing. "Guys shut up a sec and let me answer this." They quieted down and I answered my phone. "Helloo?"

"Jenni, it's Joe." Joe gasped into the phone and I could hear his ragged breathing.

"What's up with you? Are you okay?" I asked, looking up to the guys who all looked concerned.

"Aviary was- Pregnant a-and she got shot- and the baby died and she can't have- a kid ever." He managed to gasp between breaths, I could ear his feet pounding on the pavement as he spoke.

"Where is she now?" I asked.

"She's still at the hospital. I'm going to go stay with Zoe for a while." He said, finally stopping and catching his breath.

"You just ditched her?" I asked, surprised at his odd behavior.

"Yes, I couldn't handle being there anymore. I don't know if I'm ready for marriage yet." He rambled on, sounding terrified of something unknown to me.

"I guess if that's what you have to do. . ." I trailed off. "I have to go okay?"

"Yeah, talk to you later." He said before hanging up the phone.

"Aviary just lost a baby and won't be able to have any ever." I said, looking at everyone in the car.

"Seriously?" Dan asked, leaning back to see me better.

"Yes, and he may want to Divorce." I said, putting my phone back in my bag.

"Wow, crazy." I said as Ricky pulled up to Taco Bell.

"Well what do you guys want?" Ricky asked, turning off the car.

"Tacos, duh." Kian said smiling.

"Alright be right back." He said before getting out of the car.