Thanks for the key

I just stood there almost in awe as the people I had looked up to for years looked at me from their home.

"I- Uh uhm." I couldn't seem to get any words out like every time I tried to say something it got all jumbled and screwed up before I could say it.

"Could you guys please just quiet down a little?" I finally managed to say. Dan looked down at me almost looking embarrassed. Really? I'm the one in my pajamas stuttering away here not you.

"Oh yeah sure sorry." he replied quickly.

"Thanks. Night." I replied, starting to walking away.

"Hey. What flat are you in?" Dan asked as I was leaving. I turned around and pointed with my thumb to the right.

"The one right there." I responded, then I turned and walked away. 

I would assume it was about three in the morning when I got back but I didn't really care. 

I ran into Aviary's bedroom and jumped on her bed screaming, "AVIARY GET YO BUTT UP YOU WILL NEVER BELIEVE WHAT JUST HAPPENED!!!" She propped herself up on her elbow and pushed her hair out of her eyes making what looked like a mane. 

"Whaaat? Why did you wake me up?" She grabbed her phone and checked the time.  "It's three thirty in the morning!" 

"Okay okay, so I was trying to go to sleep when the neighbors were being loud so I went next door in this, I know attractive and guess who answered the door?" I asked her talking faster with every word.

"Who was at the door?" She said rolling her eyes as she was most likely expecting some dumb answer.

"Dan Howell and Joe Sugg." I said standing up and spinning around in a circle. She bolted up and grabbed my shoulders to make me stop spinning.

"ARE YOU SEROUS?!" She yelled out of pure excitement.

"Deadly." I said sitting down on the floor.

"I can't believe this! We literally live next to the hottest guys on YouTube!" She said a little too loudly. 

Interrupting my thoughts, the doorbell rang. We both exchanged a look and ran to the door. We both tied our hair up and wiped the extra makeup from under our eyes.

"Do I look fine?" I asked straightening my shirt.

"Yeah. Do I?" She returned fixing her ponytail again.

"Yup." I replied as I answered the door to see Dan there.

"Oh hey." I said with a small wave.

"You dropped your key when you left my flat." he said handing me the key.

"Oh thanks. Uh, would you like to come over for a small party me and Aviary are having tomorrow? We were planning on inviting the neighbors, and you can bring whoever." I said leaning against the door.

"Oh, yeah sure. I bet Phil would love to go. You sure you don't mind if I bring a few people?" 

"No problem. Here text me if you need anything." I said handing him a small piece of paper with my number on it. He smiled and pointed next door.

"I better get back. What was your name?"

"Jennifer. But I prefer Jenni." I replied quickly, realizing how stupid that sounded.

"Okay. Night Jenni." he said walking away. I closed the door and mimicked screaming.

"We are literally going to have Dan and Phil and possibly others in our flat." I just then realized that it was four in the morning and me and Aviary went to bed. I couldn't sleep due to excitement, but finally darkness overcame my thoughts and I drifted off to sleep.