We're Living In a House of Broken Souls

"Thanks for the tea Phil." I said, accepting the steaming mug from my brother.

"It's no problem really. Now about Caspar, what are we gonna do?" He asked. The nice thing about Phil is that he seems to care whereas no one else really does.

"Nothing. He cheated, I'm done. I have learned to forget the people who hurt." I responded, messing with the string of my tea bag.

Aviary POV

I had been talking with Dan about Jenni for a while when my phone rang. 

"Hello?" I answered, sitting back down in the spot I had previously occupied.

"Is this Aviary?" The man asked, sounding almost robotic.

"Yes, who is this?" I responded, giving a concerned look to Dan.

"This is Joe Sugg's doctor. Your boyfriend has been drinking which has given him a seizure which lead into a coma." He responded emotionlessly.

"Where is he? Is he okay?" I asked frantically, grabbing my keys and mouthing for Dan to go get Jenni.

"He's at the hospital off of fifth." 

"I'll be there in a moment." I responded hanging up the phone. Dan had already left to get Jenni and I was alone. I don't think I had ever felt as hopeless as I do now.

Dan POV

I practically ran back to my flat to get Jenni because I missed her, oh and I needed to get her for Aviary.

"Jenni!" I shouted into my flat, searching frantically for her. I found her a moment later, drinking tea with Phil. I could tell she had been crying but that was an issue to be dealt with later.

"Jennifer, Aviary needs you. I don't know what happened but we need to meet her at the hospital on fifth now." I stated urgently, and she stood after thanking Phil for 'everything'.

We had been jogging to the hospital for a while when she slowed and asked, "Did you know about my mom?" 

"No, well not until this morning. But I couldn't have told you. I tried to come into your room to try and comfort you after you came home but you screamed at me to leave." I told her sheepishly. 

"Oh, that was you? I could have sworn it was Aviary." She responded with a smile that never touched her eyes.

"How are you doing?" I asked, hoping to gain her trust.

"I'm. . . Dying." She responded simply. 

She stepped into the hospital just as it had started to rain.

Aviary POV

"Where is he?!" I yelled at the receptionist, who seemed frightened by my loud and frightened state.

"Ma'am, who are you referring to?" She asked politely.

"Joe Sugg!" I screamed, I did feel bad for acting this way but I needed to see him.

"He's in room 211, just on the left." She stated quietly. 

"Thank you." I gasped, running to the room. I opened the door frantically to see the most terrifying picture I could have ever imagined.

Joe had cords, wires, and tubes coming from everywhere and the only sound was the consistent beeping that signified his heart. 

"No. No, this isn't happening." I whispered as I pulled up a chair to sit next to him. I grabbed his hand and kissed the back of it gently as tears poured from my eyes. "Please wake up. Please, I'll do anything." I begged, but I knew he wouldn't respond. Fear crept into my bones as I realized I may never hear his voice again.

Jennifer POV

"I'm. . . Dying." I stated simply, and walked into the building to go find Aviary. I knew Dan wasn't following me so I went to a waiting room by Joe's room which Aviary had texted me and I let the tears fall freely. I wanted to see Caspar so badly, but I knew I couldn't, that it would only make matters worse. I feel so empty. You know what? I'm done. I'm leaving. I got the receptionist to give Aviary and Dan separate notes telling that I was moving back to California and such and I left. I had my electronics and things in a backpack but I went home to pack my clothes and blankets which was three suitcases. I took all I could that mattered and left. No regrets.