Moving to London

"Aviary? Where did you put my laptop? I can't find it anywhere." I yelled from my room that felt empty because we had left furniture but my pictures and belongings were nowhere to be seen, as today was the day me and my best friend Aviary were moving to London, England. 

"You put it in your carry-on bag five minutes ago." She yelled back from downstairs.

"Oh, yeah." I said face-palming myself and going downstairs with my carry-on bag on my back. I had thrown a few books in there along with my laptop, chargers, and my phone with earbuds. 

"You ready to go?" Aviary asked me pulling on her leather flats.

"Yup just got to put on ma' shoes." I replied grabbing my high top British flag converse.

"Let's go to England!" I yelled running out the door and jumping into the car. Aviary wanted to drive and I wasn't going to stop her.

"It's gonna be fun learning how to drive the foreign cars and all that." I said looking out my window.

"Hah! Like I'm gonna let you drive. You can barely drive an American car!" Aviary snorted.

"Whatever. You think we'll meet any cute guys?" I asked twirling a piece of hair around my finger.

"Well we have lived in L.A. for two years and no sign of anyone, so probably not." she stated with a shrug.

"Aw come on, let's go on a quest to find hot guys!" I said excitedly pumping my fists in the air.

"Yay! The airport!" I squealed. Aviary rolled her eyes and smiled in reply.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I fell asleep halfway through the flight and Aviary had to wake me up when we landed.

"Jenni. Jenni. Look" she gently shook me awake and I looked out my window. It was dark but I could see the London eye lit up from a few miles away.

"We're in London." I whispered, looking out the window for a moment then going out of the plane with Aviary.

"Woo London airport dance woo." I sang jumping around the airport.

"Oh my gosh you are so embarrassing." Aviary said laughing and shielding me from her view with her hand. 

We got to our flat a few hours later and it took us around ten minutes to climb all the stairs to our place. I opened the door with my key and looked around out place. We had bought it furnished minus beds and all the stuff for our rooms.

"I love it!" I said excitedly throwing my bag in the couch.

"It's awesome." She replied, walking over to the window to take in the view. It was actually just a view of some trees but they were London trees.

"We are officially living in London Jenni." Aviary said with a content sigh.

"Yeah we are!" I exclaimed giving her a high five.

"What now? I have no idea how late it is. Time to get new clock settings on our phones!" We found out that it was actually two in the morning and that it was six hours later than in Cali. We slept on the couches because our beds and other things haven't been delivered yet. The next few weeks consisted of unpacking and getting our beds and finally all our stuff was finally unpacked. I had been staying up late the past few nights journaling and doing music related things and I stayed up relatively late considering I was nowhere close to being used to the time change. 

I decided to go to bed before three in the morning one night but our neighbors were being extremely loud. I got the bedroom closest to the neighbors on the left and I could not get to sleep to save my life. So, me in my high ponytail, black sweatpants accidentally tucked into my English flag converse and black tshirt walked myself over to their flat and knocked on the door. I don't really know what I was expecting. Maybe a twenty year old drunk having a party, I don't know. Well that certainly isn't what I got. I knocked on the door and I saw the two people I would have least expected to have answered the door.

Dan Howell and Joe Sugg.