Happy Birthday, Idiot

I got up really early the next morning or as some would say the previous night to get ready for Aviary's birthday. I called Joe, Caspar, Dan and Phil so they could all be there when she got up and to help decorate. We blew up tons of balloons and put them in the hallway leading to both our bedrooms. We also put some clear wrap stuff on the end of the hallway so the balloons stayed and we put a box of toothpicks on the inside of her door. Once we finished, it was seven am and I needed to sleep. The guys promised to wake me up when they heard Aviary and I went to go lay down on the couch.

Dan POV

"So you're dating Aviary now huh Joe?" Phil asked after a moment of silence.

"Yeah. We went on a date the other night and it was amazing. I plan to take her out again tonight. I had a friend set something up for us." he replied with a smile.

"Aren't you dating Jenni Caspar?" I asked after another moment of silence.

"Yeah. We haven't gone on a proper date yet, but we have filmed a few videos and I'm helping her with her new channel." He said with a smile. Crap, I thought to myself. I wanted to ask her out.

We heard a grumble coming from Aviary's room and got Jenni.

"Jenni, wake up." I urged her. She got up right away and walked over to the hallway. We saw tons of balloons flow into Aviary's room as she opened the door.

"What the- That's what this is for." She said to herself. Then we heard about fifty pops and she took the wrap down from the walls.

"Ha. Ha Jenni. Nice job. And now our neighbors and boyfriends get to see my amazing morning getup." She said sarcastically with a smile. She was wearing sweatpants and a big t shirt.

"You look great love." Joe replied, and he kissed her on the cheek, giving her a hug and causing her to blush.

"Happy Birthday Idiot." Jenni said with a smile.

"Thanks Idiot." she replied. She looked to her right and left then back at Jenni. "No cake?"

"Oh ya! One sec." Jenni ran into the kitchen a moment and came back with a huge pink cake. It had frosting flowers that looked quite real, and tons of little details.

"I made it myself at the Bakery that I work at down the road with some help." She said happily. "I didn't know what flavor you wanted so each layer is different." She continued on, seemingly proud of her work.

"That's awesome." I said walking over to her followed by everyone else.

"You really had to beat my gift didn't you?" Aviary said, with a laugh.

"Definitely. You got me tickets to one of the best Orchestras ever. And this isn't even my entire gift. The other half involves the one right next to you." She said pointing to Joe. "so, are we just going to admire my beautiful work or are we gonna have cake for breakfast?" Jenni asked after a moment. We all took seats around our table and had some cake. Me and Jenni had Red Velvet, Phil had Vanilla, Caspar had marble, and Aviary and Joe had chocolate. We finished about ten minutes later.

"That was bloody brilliant." I said after a moment with agreement from all at the table.

"Did they teach you how to bake like that in Cali?" Joe asked, imitating a surfer receiving a playful slap in the arm from Aviary.

"I am gonna go get dressed and do my hair and such." Aviary said after getting up.

From her bedroom we could hear her say, "I don't want to look like a bum like my roommate!" We heard her laugh and we laughed in return.