Sibling Reunion

Jenni POV

"I'm going back to Minnesota for my birthday and the fourth of July. It's my American heritage." I said to Caspar and Dan as I slung my bag over my shoulder and stepped on my long board and started to roll across the pavement.

"You're not even American, you're Canadian." Caspar complained as he walked behind me.

"True, but I've lived in America my whole life. Plus, I miss my family. You know, cousins and siblings and stuff." I said with a shrug.

"You have siblings? Other than Phil I mean." Dan asked, raising his head from it's drooped position from looking down at his phone.

"Yes, I have a twin sister and a younger brother. Didn't I tell you this?" I asked, stopping and picking up my long board.

"You have a twin?!" He said ecstatically. "So, are you guys are identical?" He asked, barely hiding the smile that overtook his face.

"Kind of, ever since I went back to my black hair and got my piercings, we look pretty different but generally we're the same. Oh, excepting the fact that she is completely a cheerleader who thinks that sparkles is a color. I honestly am just going home for my aunts and brother." I said as we walked into the airport.

"You seem to love your sister quite well. What happened between you two?" He asked, setting his bag next to mine as we sat down. Caspar had left to go to a meeting so it was just Dan and I. Him being my best friend, was coming home with me.

"Does it really matter?" I asked, grabbing my phone to play music into my earbuds.

"Yes, I don't want to accidentally screw things up while I'm visiting." He said, grabbing an earbud and putting it in his ear.

I sighed and looked up at him. "So when I left the day we found out about Joe, I went back to Minnesota and decided to stay with her. When I had told her what happened she completely disregarded what I said and. . . This is so embarrassing. "

"It's fine trust me." He said, placing his hand on mine for a second then quickly retracting it.

"She asked if you were single and when I told her that I wasn't going to talk about that she freaked out saying I didn't want you two to meet so I could have you to myself because she knew that if you two met you would like her better." I told him, not meeting his gaze. 

"That's ridiculous." He said, shaking his head.

"We'll see. Come on, we have to get on our plane." I said, grabbing my bag and walking to the gate.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Are you just gonna sleep the entire flight again?" Dan asked, sitting down.

"Probably. You know I can't stay up to save my life." I said with a smile.

"What am I supposed to do this whole time then?" He asked with fake frustration.

"You can think about how much fun you're gonna have being patriotic and what you're gonna get me for my birthday." I said with another smile. "I'll let you get to that now. Night." And with that I closed my eyes and leaned my head on my window but a few moments later I felt Dan move my head so it was resting on his chest.

Dan POV

"Jenni, wake up you're home." I said quietly, shaking her awake. She slowly opened her eyes and smiled.

"Tell Dan we're home okay?" She whispered and I chuckled a bit. Sometimes Jenni does this thing where she will be awake but will be completely confused about everything that's going on around her.

"Okay. Jenni, how do you feel about Dan?" I asked, seeing if I could have some fun with this.

"I love him more than anyone." She whispered before she shook her head and actually woke up. She stood and grabbed her bag and followed me out of the plane. "What's up with you? You look-"

"Ahh! Jenni!" Someone screamed and I saw a probably thirteen year old girl and who I would assume was her brother who looked about seventeen walk over to her.

"Hi, how are you?" She asked, giving the girl a hug.

"I'm great. Can I get a picture?" She asked quietly, grabbing her phone.

"Well of course!" Jenni said, smiling and taking a picture with the girl.

"Thank you so much!" The girl said, giving Jenni another hug.

"No problem. Have a good day!" She called after them as I caught up with her. "She was cute. Then again I was the same way." She said with a light laugh. "I couldn't even think of how I would have reacted to meeting you in a situation like this instead of how we really met."

"Jay!" A boy yelled, running up to her and giving her a hug which she quickly responded to.

"James! Ugh I missed you so much." She said, ruffling his hair.

"I've missed you too. It's sucked having to be with Jascianna every day." He said, rolling his eyes then moving so he could see me better. "Who is this guy?"

"Oh, yeah." She said before leaning to whisper something in his ear and he nodded and shook my hand. 

"James." He said after he let go of my hand.

"Dan." I said with a smile.

"James, are we gonna stay with Mom and dad or what?" She asked when we started walking again.

"Yeah, that's what we planned. Have you told them Dan was coming?" He asked, putting our bags into the back of his truck.

"No, but Mom already knows Dan quite well, and I don't think Dad is gonna care. So we'll be fine. Jas is the real problem." She said with a half frown.

"Is he the one that?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Yes and yes." She responded, getting into the truck and patting a seat next to her for me.

I need to figure out what the heck is going on right now.