Chapter 39

*Jiya Pov*

"Oh my god! I can't laugh anymore." I said, clutching my stomach hearing the fight between Aunty and Uncle from past half an hour.

"I am bored." Ajay said, rolling his eyes.

"Do you know Uncle lied to me saying he is the most helpful husband. I really thought he was." I said, and Aunty shook her head.

"Yeah! He is most helpful in not helping at all." she said, and I chuckled.

"I had so much fun these two days. You both are amazing." I said, getting up and hugged them both.

"You are also amazing Dau... person." Aunty said, and I nodded frowning.

We left the house and reached ours. When we entered, I saw that I have a duty to clean the house today as it is Sunday.

I started cleaning while he helped me a little. When everything is over, we had dinner, and I sat on the couch to watch some movie.

He too sat on the other end reading some magazine. Slowly my eyes started drooping, and I leaned on him to sleep.

When I opened my eyes a little, I saw that I am laying my head on his lap. I got comfortable putting my legs on the couch and drifted off into sleep feeling his hand in my hair.

I woke up after some time and saw that it is past midnight. Then I glanced up to see him sleeping leaning back on the couch.

I got up and shook him to wake him up. I held his hand while he is yawning uncontrollably.

We both lay on the bed and drifted off into sleep. I snuggled into his arms, feeling good suddenly.

For a few days, everything went normal with business in a good mode, and I continued to talk with Raj hoping that he will come out of the heartbreak.

"Raj! I know you liked her, but she likes someone else, so you need to move on." I said preparing the curry.

"No! It is difficult Jiya. Once we like someone, we can't move on easily, and she didn't hurt me that much, so it is more difficult. I am trying ok." He said, and I sighed.

We talked for some more time, and I walked towards the dining table to see Ajay staring at me with a blank expression.

I frowned and asked, "What is it?"

"Nothing!" He replied shaking his head.

"Please tell me." I said holding his hand.

"It is nothing, Jiya." He said smiling.

"No! Tell me what is it, Ajay. Like pretty please." I pleaded him, and he sighed.

"It is hard to move on, Jiya. Until the other person hurt us so much." he said and then I understood that he heard the conversation.

"Yes! But she likes someone else. What else can he do?" I asked him frowning.

"He can like her until he meets the one, but if she is the one, then it will be really difficult." He replied, and I frowned not saying anything.

We calmly had our dinner and thought about his words. I held his hand, and thought will he not move on? Is that what he is saying?

But there must be some girl with whom he will be so happy and may even forget me. I considered and tightened my grip on his arm.

I gulped and drifted off into sleep not feeling fine thinking about all this. After a few days, I saw that we both got the tickets for a new movie he may like.