Chapter 23

*Ajay Mehra Pov*

When I heard Ms.Rose words I can't believe what she is even saying, but then I glanced at Jiya and saw her pale face.

"How did she get to know?" Mom mumbled to herself while Mr.Raj saved the situation, and everyone started leaving.

"What are you saying, Mom?" I asked her.

"Is it true? Poor her." Dad said, and I can see sadness on his face.

I was about to walk towards her, but Mom held my hand tightly in her hold. I glanced at her, but she shook her head.

I turned and gazed at Jiya, who is still staring ahead. When everyone left, I started walking, but Mom stopped me again.

I heard Raj speaking to her. I held her hand and said, "Let me go!"

"No! She didn't want you to know, and I don't know why. You cannot upset her by asking anything." She said in a stern voice.

"Let me go, Mom!" I shouted, hearing her words.

She has within a second, and I rushed towards Jiya clenching my jaw. She didn't want me to know? My Mom knows? Then how can Ms.Rose know it?

I glanced at Mr.Raj and he nodded, taking few steps back. When I finally reached her, I circled her waist with my one hand pulling her to me and then held her hair with the other moving her head up to make her stare at me.

She gasped, but didn't utter a word. I stared at her and asked, "Is it true?"

"Yes!" She replied.

"But it happened two months back." She added, and I continued to stare at her.

"She is lying. It happened nearly eight months back." I heard Ms.Rose voice, but I didn't turn towards her.

"How do you know about this in the first place?" I heard Mom's voice.

"I heard Jiya and you talking in the kitchen Madam." She replied.

"Was it really eight months back?" I asked her still staring into her eyes.

"Yes! But the baby is not yours. I cheated on you." She replied, and I heard many gasps around the room.

"What are you saying? Why would it even be called cheating on him?" I heard Mom's question.

"Don't you dare lie to me Jiya." I said, pulling her even more to me.

"I am not lying. I cheated on you with my college friend, and that is why I didn't tell you about the miscarriage." She said without backing down.

"No! You will never do that. Even if you bring some medical proof, I will not believe a word of it. You will never disrespect our marriage vows." I said shaking my head.

"Marriage?" We heard again the same gasps and the same word from many.

She closed her eyes, and I saw a single tear falling from her eye, making me want to hug her tightly. I kissed her there and calmly asked, "Is it really true?"

"Yes!" She replied, opening her eyes.

"Our baby was here." I said not able to get the words outside.

I removed my hand around her waist and put it on her stomach. I caressed it and she nodded.

"Our baby was here." I mumbled to myself and continued to caress her.

"What is happening here, Sir?" I heard Ms.Rose voice.

"Will you just shut up?" I shouted at her for making me stop the feel that there was a baby there.