Chapter 38

*Ajay Mehra Pov*

"Ajay!" She called when I am reading some file regarding the meeting we will have tomorrow.

"Hmm." I said not looking at her.

"Ajay!" She called again.

"What is it, Jiya?" I asked her staring at the file and leaned back to get comfortable on the couch.

"Look at me." She replied.

"Tell me what is it?" I asked her looking at an important point.

"Fine! You will sleep today on that couch." She replied and then I heard the door locking.

I looked to see her nowhere, and then I saw the door of our room is locked. I sighed and continued to study the file.

"You are so busy." I heard her voice very near after a few minutes, and I got startled.

I glanced up to see her sitting beside me. I patted my back and said, "This is really important meeting Jiya and you know it."

"Fine!" She said and switched on the television.

"What is it?" I asked her putting the file away.

"Nothing!" She replied, staring at the television.

I accelerate the process and then closed the file. I turned and made her turn towards me. I held her hand and asked, "What is it?"

"Happy birthday." She replied, smiling and then I glanced at the watch to see it is already 12.

"You remember?" I asked her shocked.

"Yes! And by the way, everyone knows that today is your birthday." She replied and left the room.

Nevertheless, then returned with a small cake in her hand. I grinned, looking at it and cut it with her singing a song.

"What is your wish birthday boy?" She asked, taking away the cake.

"I want to spend the whole day with you, but I know that I have this important meeting." I replied sighing.

"There is no meeting." She said looking everywhere except in my eyes.

"What?" I asked her shocked.

"Well, you shouldn't work like that on your birthday, so postponed it." She replied and bit her lip.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked her frowning.

"I thought you would be distracted, and then I can plan something. Please don't be mad." She replied, getting up and started walking away, but I stopped holding her hand.

"I am not mad." I said, pulling her on me.

"Thank god!" She mumbled sighing.

"So where are we going tomorrow?" I asked brushing her hair.

"To your house." She replied, looking up at me.

"Your parents want to spend the time with you, so I told them that you would be there." She added.

"You will also be there right?" I asked her frowning.

"No! It is your family time, and I don't want to be some disturbance." She replied laying her head on my chest.

"You are my wife." I said, holding her tightly.

"And we are not sure of the relation." She said shaking her head.

"I am sure and only you are not certain. It's ok I will go there alone." I said and closed my eyes.

"Ok!" She mumbled, and we both got up to sleep on the bed.