Chapter 20

####PAST WILL BE IN ITALICS FONT AND PRESENT WILL BE IN NORMAL FONT####

*Ajay Mehra Pov*

The next day I woke up and immediately got ready thinking of something to be done to make her accept us getting together.

I still recall how shocked I felt when she declined my offer.

"Jiya!" I said, smiling when she walked towards the park.

"What do you want, Ajay?" She asked in a monotone.

"I know you must be still feeling angry regarding my yesterday's words, but will you come back with me?" I asked her.

Yesterday night after getting the footage I couldn't stay in the home without her in it. I want her in my life.

"No!" She replied shocking me.

"I know what I did is a mistake, but please stay with me Jiya." I said holding her hand.

"You wanted revenge and you got one, and you can leave Ajay. We are not even married now." She said and walking away.

I couldn't stop her because I don't know what to even say to her.

When I searched her stuff and mine, to search for her when she left the Palghar, I got a reason by which she can stay with me.

But I know if I say that she will be angrier at me.

I shook my head and thought she would have killed me if I told her that news. I need to ensure she will not be uncomfortable in my presence and then tell her.

I walked inside the office room only to crash into her as she was walking outside the room. She got stumbled back and hissed when her head made little contact with the door.

"Jiya!" I said, moving near her and removed her hand on the head to see the wound.

I rubbed the spot while she closed her eyes tightly. After a few minutes, she opened her eyes and glanced up at me.

"Thank you, Sir." She said and tried to remove herself.

"Be with me, Jiya." I said still rubbing the spot on her head along with staring at her.

"Why so suddenly, Sir?" She asked frowning.

"What do you mean suddenly? I have been asking you the same question after the day when I told you the truth about my plan." I replied frowning.

"But you didn't ask again after coming to Ahmadabad." She said, and I nodded.

"I don't want you to run away from here and stay somewhere else because of me." I said, moving my hand from her head to her cheek and caressed it.

"I don't want to be with you Sir." She said, shaking her head and closed her eyes.

"Will you stop calling me by that name?" I asked her frowning.

"Are you releasing me from this contract?" She asked back.

"I would have not even made this working contract if I had some other way to make sure you stay with me." I replied.

"I think it is a good thing that you did a contract marriage with me otherwise I am sure I would have to be gone through hell to get freedom from the marriage." She said snorting.

"I know I was rude to you during those months, but it is just so that you will leave me on your own." I said continued to caress her cheek.

"I need to go downstairs." She said trying to move away.