Chapter 21

*Jiya Pov*

"Are you going to dance at the ball?" I heard Mr.Mehra asking, and I sighed.

"No, Mr.Mehra!" I replied and continued to do the work.

"Well, too bad because you are going to be my partner and we both are going to dance." He said and I glanced up with a frown, and he smiled at me.

"You can't make me." I mumbled.

"I already added your name in the bowl where we added everyone's names. We will be partners, and we are going to dance." He said.

I stopped myself from hitting my head thinking why did I even come with that idea for this bash?

I excused myself and left the office room to move downstairs. There I saw Kaka and Kaki talking to each other.

"You both feel bad regarding the act you did right?" I asked, and they both jumped from their place.

"Yes!" They both replied.

"Then do one favor for me." I said and they nodded.

"I will write the names in the bowl again and give it to you. Just before the guests arrive change the bowl with the current one." I said, and they frowned but nodded.

I will not dance with you. Not now and not in the future.

I glanced at the bowls near the entrance a blue and pink one. When guests enter they should pick out a paper from it before coming inside.

I looked around and saw that most of the decorations are complete. I was about to leave the living room, but then saw the decorative piece hanging awkwardly not in its place.

I shook my head and stood on the stool to put it properly. After doing it, I turned to only gasp.

"What are you doing here, Sir?" I asked him frowning.

"I thought you would fall down so I decided to stay here and catch." He replied and then I understood why he put his hands forward.

"Well, I will not fall." I said, trying to get down, but he blocked the place.

"Then fall down." He said not taking his hands back.

"Mr.Mehra! Can you please move?" I asked him frowning.

"No! First fall down and then I will move." He replied.

"Madam!" I shouted loudly and within minutes, she stood in front of me.

"What happened, Jiya?" She asked, frowning and I couldn't help but smile a little.

These two weeks she took complete care of me like she said, and I felt B is with me whenever she does that.

"Madam! Sir is asking for some details regarding a client and is not moving even when I ask him to." I replied.

"Ajay! Can't you wait for a few minutes until she gets down?" She scolded him.

"But Mom... she..." he stuttered surprised by her behavior.

"Move!" She said and he immediately moved away.

"Get down carefully." She said turning towards me, and I nodded getting down.

"Come and have some snacks." She added, and I shook my head.

"I am not hungry." I said walking away.

"You are not hungry during the entire day. Now come and have some snacks." She said in a strict tone.

I sighed and calmly walked towards the table and sat down. She sat in front of me, and Mr.Mehra sat beside me.

"What is happening?" he asked in a whisper.