Chapter 12

####PAST WILL BE IN ITALIC FONT AND PRESENT WILL BE IN NORMAL FONT####

*Ajay Mehra Pov*

I walked outside my room a little earlier than everyday for the prayer event today. I saw that her door is still closed so I walked downstairs.

"Why did you put her in Durga's room?" I heard Mom's voice when I asked for some coffee.

"Because it is beside mine." I replied, not looking up from the morning paper.

"I don't want anyone to stay in her room. She never liked it, don't you remember?" Mom asked sitting beside me.

"She is not here anymore, Mom." I said gripping the paper.

"And even if she is here she is strong enough to accept the fact that anyone can stay in her room." I added.

"Yes! She is really strong. But that day I thought she was weak when we got the news that she did suicide." Mom said, and I closed my eyes.

"If it isn't for you, then we would have never known that it was a murder and not a suicide as there was a suicide letter too in her handwriting." She added, and I placed my hand on hers moving the paper away.

"I wish she didn't want to do it in the first place by writing that letter." I said sighing.

"I am glad that the guy is behind bars now. And you still didn't tell me how did that happened." She said.

"Don't ask me about that again, Mom. Like I said I got a voice record of Durga asking for help from some DJ guy. Let's change the topic." I said and she reluctantly nodded.

"What do you mean you lost the record Uncle?" I shouted at him when he suddenly called me giving that dreadful news.

"I don't know! Someone stole it from my house." He replied.

"Sahil is going to be back in one week. And that is the only evidence I have to show that Durga didn't suicide." I said rubbing my forehead.

"But that doesn't have any evidence that Sahil is the culprit." Uncle said, and I frowned.

"That's true! But as per CCTV cameras in the main road he was the only one who entered the house at that time, and he gave a statement that he found her body on the bed." I made him remember what happened.

"So by this record the investigation starts and then he would be caught." Uncle concluded.

"Yes! But now there is no record." I shouted in frustration.

"Why don't you get another sample like you got it the first time?" he asked and I frowned at his stupid questions.

"I already told you right, Uncle. Some DJ guy sent me this and didn't even give any address or contact number. I don't know how can I get it again." I replied.

"We will think of something. Don't worry." He said hanging up.

I leaned back and looked at the wedding photo on my desk, which I hide in the drawer before leaving the office room everyday as I don't want anyone to know about it.

I just glance at it to know for how much time will this continue and think of the reason for which I have married her in the first place.

It's been eight months since we have been married, and she is happy as usual but I am restless as there are only four months time in which I have to prove everything.

I rubbed my forehead more and hid the photo frame inside the drawer and locked it before leaving the office to reach home soon today feeling completely tired.