Sanji: x reader part 1

Sanji smiles and heads off to the kitchen you follow him curiously. After a moment he turns back to you. "I can't believe old man zeff let you leave..." you shrug "he didn't let me... he told me too..." sanji raises an eyebrow. "Your telling me your father told you to come after me and become a pirate?" you nod. "Yes... sort of..." sanji shrugs again. "Well then you can help me cook for the crew... let's see what kind of food they've got in storage." He lights a smoke and stalks off to the cabinet. You smile and watch him "same old sanji..." you knew his skill was unmatched both in fighting and in cooking nobody was quite as skilled as sanji when it came to those things.

He rummages through the cabinet picking out only what he deems to be the finest ingredients then sets them out on table. You watched admiring his skills you had always admired him but he never seemed to notice. You sat in a chair at the table quietly watching him work. Eventually he turned to you and smiled. "Anything you'd like in particular?" you knew it was coming eventually because he always asks you that. "You know I'm not picky anything's good. As long as you're cooking it." You reply as you always do. He smiles and gets back to work cooking. You weren't sure why he always asked that when cooking but the smile he gave you every time made you smile too. Unlike the other cooks on the baratie you had never once told sanji his food was bad because it just wasn't true and you couldn't bring yourself to lie to sanji.

You lean back in the chair watching him cook and are startled when the door flies open. You're so startled you fall backwards hitting your head on the floor. "Something smells good in here!" Luffy exclaims taking a seat. Sanji smiles but doesn't turn around "almost done just one moment." Sanji so focused on the food he didn't even realize you fell over. You pick yourself up off the floor and sit the chair back up and sat in it once more. Luffy looks at you like he's going to ask a question then he forgets what he was going to say and turns back to sanji. Your about to say something when Zoro and Nami walk in. sanji turns too look directly at her with the smile you've seen only too often, the one he gets when he looks at other girls. It make you really want to punch him in the face but you know he'd never understand why. Ever since the restaurant opened you saw that smile directed at other girls but never had he ever used that on you, and it made you a little sad to think that after all this time he never thought of you as more than a friend.

Nami had no interest in sanji yet she was the target of his ambition and that really pissed you off. You glare at Nami even though you know it's not her fault. She doesn't notice and neither does sanji. They take their seats as sanji starts making plates and passing them out. Usopp joins the table right as sanji is about to sit down causing him to stand back up and fix another plate. You were now even more upset because he had not only given Nami her plate before you but he had gone out of his way to make sure he got to sit by her. Leaving you sitting next to Luffy on your left and Usopp on your right. You didn't have an issue with sitting next to your captain but you didn't want to sit by Usopp. Right then Nami picked up on your feelings being that she's so smart.

She couldn't think of anything to do about it so she just ignored sanji. You decide you don't care after all its not the first time sanji has completely ignored you when there was another girl in the room. You sigh and pick up your fork each time you take a bite you feel happy but once it's gone your instantly upset again. You glance up for a moment realizing it's really quiet and you see everyone just enjoying the food. This makes you smile because even though you didn't cook it you knew that it would make sanji happy and it did. Sanji poured himself a glass of wine and turned to Nami. "You want some?" he held up an empty glass. She shook her head no and continued to eat.

You really wished your food had been gone now because you really wanted to storm out of the room but you knew sanji would be upset if you left your plate so you sat there quietly and tried to ignore them. Zoro turned to sanji holding up his fork hands on the table. "This is pretty good sanji..." both sanji and Luffy smile. You were almost finished with your plate you had one bite left when you saw sanji poke Nami in the side to get her attention. She looked up at him. "Hey what do you think about the food?" you cram the last bit into your mouth knowing what was about to happen the same thing that always happens. "It's great sanji." She turned back to her plate so she hadn't noticed that sanji was smiling again and then he said it the words you hated to hear more than anything because they were never said to you. "Maybe we could just have a dinner for the two of us later if you like it so much." You try to fight the urge to be angry but you just can't, you slam your hands into the table your whole body shaking with frustration. Everyone looks at you eye's wide and surprised. You're so angry you can't think of anything nice to say so taking one last look at your plate to make sure there was no food left you stomp out of the room. "gee what's her problem?" Zoro shrugs and gets back to eating.

"Damn ignorant jerk!" you spit to yourself as you walk across the deck. "Why is he so clueless? Doesn't he understand that hurts me?" you stop at the edge and look over at the vast expanse of ocean. Tears form in the corners of your eyes. "He won't ever understand... he'll only see me as zeff's daughter... not the way he sees other girls..." you are standing there watching the water when somebody walks up behind you. "I'm sorry about that... you know I don't really like him that much he's just sort of hooked on me..." you turn around glaring at her. "Leave me alone I don't need your pity." She puts her hands on her hip. "I saw the way you looked at him you can't hide it from me... but these boys are pretty clueless..." you don't care what she has to say you start walking away. "You should tell him!" she yells after you. You hear the words but you're still mad so you don't care.

You go to the crew's quarters and climb into a bunk. You stare out the window watching the water. "Clueless jerk..." a little later there's a knock on the door believing it to be Nami again you ignore it. The door opens anyway and you hear footsteps approach you from behind. You continue to not care until a hand reaches your shoulder. You roll over ready to scream at Nami for touching you but you see sanji instead. "You were upset is something wrong?" you stare up at sanji angrily. "Nothing wrong I'm just upset..." he looks back down at you smiling. "Oh come on you know you can talk to me... we've been telling each other everything for years..." you push his hand off of you. "Why don't you go talk to Nami if you want to talk I don't feel like talking right now."

He raises his eyebrow. "What's Nami have anything to do with this?" you shake your head in frustration. "Why don't you go ask her." you say annoyed which seems to upset him. "Look I'm just trying to help you but if you want to be upset for no reason then by all means... but I'm not going to listen to you talk bad about my sweet Nami." This upsets you more because you didn't say anything bad about Nami. He leaves the room before he says anything regrettable you stare after him angry until you realize you've just had your first fight with sanji. You start to worry what if he thinks your rude now because you yelled at him.

You run after him to apologize. "Sanji wait!" you decide you're going to have to explain why your upset. He turns around the annoyed expression still on his face. "What?" you bite your lip back wondering how you should word it. He waits standing there without moving. "I'm sorry..." he sighs and turns around fully. "So you going to tell me why your so upset now?" you nod. "You hurt me..." you put your hand over your heart. "But I didn't do anything to you?" he looks at you confused. "No you wouldn't think so... but you did... in fact this pain... you have inflicted on me many times..." he still doesn't understand. "Your ribs? They can't possibly still hurt..." you start crying again. "No stupid! My heart!" you scream before you stop yourself. You wait for his response but he just stares at you surprised and doesn't say a word. You know he's gotten it through his head now because he dropped his cigarette.

You both sit there waiting for the other to say something finally sanji takes a step forward and pulls you into a hug. "I didn't know... I'm so sorry..." after a moment you return the hug and the two of you stand there in the middle of the deck hugging for a good while. Finally you look up at sanji "I should have told you the first time I felt it because I know you didn't know. But I foolishly believed that if I ignored it that it would go away... I was wrong because the more I tried to ignore it the more it hurt..." he holds you closer it's then you see tears running down his face. "I can only imagine how you must have felt... all those times... I had no idea you felt this way..." you stare up at him. "Sanji... don't cry... you're going to... make... me cry... too." You hide your face in his shirt so he can't see your tears. He wipes his face on his sleeve and looks down at you. "Can you forgive me?" you look back up at him. "Of course... after all sanji I would cross the ocean for you..." he smiles. "I would cross the ocean for you too..."