Luffy: x reader part 1

You're ironically a lot like your captain you stare out at the water day dreaming about the grand line and all the things you will find there. Your thinking about the types of fish you will eat on the grand line when Luffy jumps down off the top part of the deck and lands behind you. You spin around to face your captain surprised. "What's up Luffy?" He just smiles at you. "Luffy?" he shakes his head. "I was wondering what you were up to..." you turn back around and look out at the sea. "I was thinking about the grand line..." Luffy stands next to you looking out at the sea. "Yeah it's going to be great!" as you think about the grand line your thoughts turn to your mother back home. "I hope mom will be alright without me..." Luffy grins and looks over at you. "She'll be fine... hey I'm bored let's do something!"

As your about to reply Zoro looks over the edge of the crow nest "hey there's some land over there we should stop and restock." Luffy nods. "Yeah good idea." The boat docks on the nearby island and everyone leaves the boat. Zoro goes to a bar, Usopp goes to look for art supplies, sanji goes off on his own to buy food ingredients, Nami looks for anything of value, and Luffy goes for a walk. You follow Luffy not thinking of anything to do yourself.

You both walk through the town admiring the sites. You look at Luffy trying to think of something to say but no words come to your mind. Luffy runs over to a window and looks in the moment he leaves you side you feel a chill run up your spine like something bad is about to happen then it does. Some thugs jump out of an ally and grab you pulling you into the darkness. Luffy turns around to you just in time to see you being dragged away. The men that grabbed you are fast footed and lose Luffy quickly by weaving around corners and going down different streets. "Wait come back here!" you can hear luffy's voice getting farther and farther away. You try to scream so he can find you but the man has your mouth covered.

The man runs past Zoro and sanji who both look surprised until they notice you then they both drop everything and give chase. You watch them try to catch up sanji and Zoro look almost like their racing but sanji is slightly faster. Once again your friends are lost in the maze of a town. Soon the men who grabbed you meet back up on the edge of town and drag you into a building. "We lost them good... now we wait soon we will go back to base but first... we can deal with her." you have no idea what's going on but these guys clearly mean business. "What do you want from me..." you say as your pushed to the ground. "Simple just tell us where the money is and we'll let you go?" you stare up at them confused. "I haven't got any money..." the man smacks you leaving a huge red mark. "Don't play dumb with us we know who you are! Now tell us where you buried the loot!"

You hold your face staring up in dismay. "I told you I haven't got any money..." the man slaps you again. "Tell me right now! Stop playing games with us!" he holds up a piece of paper with your picture drawn on it. "This is you don't even lie! Now where is the loot?" you stare at the paper. It was you on the paper but you didn't do what the paper said you did. "I swear I have no idea what you're talking about that's not me!" you struggle in the big man's grasp as he picks you up by the throat. "Lie again I dare you!" the man stares at you angrily. "but I'm not lying... I don't have any treasure... I worked at a bar my whole life I swear that's not me on that poster." He throws you into the ground hard causing you to spit up blood. "Useless! Maybe one of her little friends from before will know about it..." the men just sit there grinning at their leader.

Suddenly the door burst open and Luffy bursts in followed closely by sanji and Zoro. "gum-gum pistol!" Luffy punches the leader right in the face sending him flying into a couple of his men and then into the wall. Luffy looks down at you all beat up on the floor. "Hey you alright?" you stand up and nod. "Yeah I'm alright... just trying to figure out what's going on here..." you reply staggering a bit. The leader stands back up and draws his sword. "You caught me off guard with that hit but you won't be so lucky again." The leader runs forward to attack with his sword but is skillfully blocked by Zoro. Then while the leader is distracted sanji runs up from the side and delivers a powerful kick to his head which grounds him. You grin and fall over Luffy quickly catches you. "Hey you don't look so good... maybe you should go back to the ship..." you want to reply but everything is so fuzzy you can't even form a complete sentence in your head. You sputter out some nonsense and then you black out.

You wake up back on the boat but no idea which room you're in until you see Luffy leaned up against the wall next to you. "How long was I out?" you put your hand on your head because it hurts and you feel a bandage. "What happened?" Luffy smiles. "You hurt your head pretty good... but you're ok now. As for how long you were out... it was only a few hours." You look at Luffy who is still smiling. "Why are you smiling?" he laughs. "Because I thought you were dead... but you're not..." for some reason this doesn't make you feel better. Your captain can be a bit scatter brained sometimes but you had to admit you felt better knowing he had been there the whole time you were passed out. "Did you sit by my side the whole time I was out?" he nods. "Sure did... why." You smile. "Thank you... captain..." he nods.

Zoro pokes his head into the room. "Hey Luffy is she... oh good she's awake alright never mind..." he closed the door and walked away. You turn to Luffy confused. "What was that all about?" Luffy laughs. "He thought you were dead too... he was going to dig you a grave but Nami kept insisting he wait... good thing to cause your alive not dead... so glad we listened to Nami on this one." You frown. "You were going to bury me alive..." you made a mental note to thank Nami later for stopping the boys from killing you.

"I'm glad you're not dead though I would have felt really bad and not just because you're a crew member..." you stare at your captain confused. "Please do explain." He gets this real serious look on his face now which startles you because you've only ever seen him smile. "Cause I mean like I promised your mother I would keep you safe... I know you don't need protected but still..." he acknowledged your strength that was a first too before he set sail he use to just call you his weak little friend whose skills couldn't match his own. You guessed it had a lot to do with his experience on the sea that he was now a little more aware that you were not weak. "Luffy..." you started to ask him a question but he stopped you. "We're friends right so I can tell you anything?" he looks you right in the eye the same serious expression on his face. "Of course... what is it Luffy?"

He turns back to face the door again. "Remember when we were little and we used to play in that old empty house?" you nod thinking back. "Yeah we used to pretend it was our house and that we lived there... why?" he stares at the door in deep thought. You know he was talking about the game of house you two use to play back on the island when you were little but you couldn't remember anything extra special about it that would cause him to bring it up now. You think about and it suddenly dawns on you. "You're talking about that one time I kissed you on the cheek? I was just pretending Luffy... we were playing a game..." you try to defend yourself but you know that's not how you really felt.

He nods "yeah how'd you know I was thinking about that?" you roll your eyes. "It's the only thing we did that wasn't really normal for kids... wait why are you thinking about that?" you retort. He smiles and looks at the floor. "Actually I've been thinking about it a lot... I kind of missed hangout and playing games with you after that old house fell apart." You remember the day it collapsed.

*flashback*

"Come on Luffy! Let's play house again!" you called. Luffy followed you holding his hat onto his head. "Wait for me!" you smiled running ahead. The both of you stop in front of the house and see it had collapsed in on itself. You both frown. "Oh no it broke..." you cried staring at it. Luffy shrugged. "Just as well we're getting too old for house anyways... let's go to the arcade!" you smiled and followed him.

*flashback ends*

"Yeah the old place just collapsed under its own weight... man it sucked but... you were right back then 16 was too old to be playing house... still it wasn't long after that you left the village..." he nods. "Yup..." everything is quiet now until you turn back to Luffy again. "Is there a reason why you're bringing up the past?" he smiles again. "I speak only the truth and I say what's on my mind that's why." You're still confused but you smile back. "Monkey D. Luffy never lies! But he does have a secret..." you raise your eye brow. "A secret? But you've never kept one from me before?" you sit up fully and look him right in the eye waiting. "Well I was about to tell you the secret... if you'll let me finish..." you roll your eyes. "Ok then finish." He smiles. "I brought it up because I wanted to tell you that I liked it... I never told you before... but I liked it." Your raise your eyebrow. "The kiss?"

He nods. "Yes..." you both stare at each other again for what seems like ages before you work up the nerve to reply again. "Are you..." "Asking you out... yes." You're blown away. You have no idea what just happened but your brain is completely fried. He stares at you until you realize he's waiting for you to respond. "Of course Luffy!" you hug him. You both smile.