LUFFY: How You Met luffy*

(edit: 8-18-2017)

*flash back*

This boy vexed you more than anything. You would constantly follow him around, just to see what he would do next. This day was different than any other because, a red haired pirate named shanks, was in town. You never could find the courage to talk to shanks even though you admired him, but luffy was a different story. You watched as mountain men stormed into the bar and demanded drinks. You coward behind the counter hoping they wouldn't start a fight. You heard the small scuffle then the men left. You poked your head up just as shanks begins to laugh. He and luffy exchange words then luffy grabs a fruit angrily and eats it. you don't hear what they are talking about but after a moment shanks starts freaking out. You watch as this weird boy somehow became even weirder now that he could stretch, like he was made of rubber.

After a while of shank's crew hanging around, shanks turns his gaze to your mother. "Sorry we have to be getting back to the sea now, but we'll come back again soon." The man and his pirate crew then left the building. Soon after the crew had left you worked up your nerve to talk to luffy , but the bad men from before came back and took luffy. Your mother ran screaming to the mayor while you curiously followed the mountain men. By now your sleuthing skills were so good, from stalking luffy, that they didn't sense you were following them. 

You followed them to the center of town and watched in horror as the leader began to beat the crap out of luffy. You were about to run in and confront them when you noticed shanks and his crew had shown up. "Now that you've drawn your weapon... do you intend to use it?" you heard shanks mumbling to the man who had a gun pointed at his head.

Suddenly a shot rang out and you jumped out of your skin believe the man had shot shanks. The man fell to the ground and you breathed a sigh of relief. Just when it seemed shanks was about to save luffy the leader of the men smoke bombed the area and fled with luffy in tow. Shanks began to panic again, it was hard to imagine him as a hard core pirate when he acted this way but you also understood that Shanks considered the boy a friend. For a pirate he cared deeply about his friends which is one of the many things you admired him for. You followed the pirates as they ran off searching for luffy. 

Shanks broke away from the rest of his crew as they ran and you ended up deciding to follow him. You come down to the edge of the water and stare up in horror at what you see. The leader of the mountain bandits just threw luffy into the water. Shanks dived in after luffy when a giant sea monster emerged out of the water and ate the mountain bandit.

The rest happened so quickly you didn't see what happened until shanks was giving the monster a stare that could have curdled milk on the spot. The monster fled and you breathed a sigh of relief, you were so overjoyed by the success that it wasn't until luffy scream reached your ears that you realized something was wrong. You stared out at them trying to figure out what was wrong and then you saw it. Shanks was missing an arm. You being to cry realizing with his arm gone he would no longer have an arm. As a young child to see your idol in such a state was far too much to handle. 

After a while, back outside the water shanks was preparing to leave again you stood by your mother watching him load up his ship. You couldn't hear what he was saying but you judged that because he gave luffy his prized straw hat that it was important.

*flashback ends*

You run as fast as you can trying to catch up to luffy. He was so excited about becoming a pirate captain he had forgotten to say goodbye to you, but you knew today he was leaving, to start on his quest for the grand line to find the one piece and become king of the pirates. You run to the docks and see his boat leaving "luffy wait! Take me with you!" but the boat is too far gone and luffy doesn't hear you. You stomp your foot angrily. "Just who does he think he is? Leaving his friends behind to be a pirate without even saying goodbye!" you are so upset that you seriously think about stealing a boat to go after him though you know you'd never be able to sail it by yourself. You pout watching the boat disappear over the horizon.