Chapter 9

"Why would you ask him for his number? I thought you weren't looking for a relationship." He said crossing his arms.

"I'm not looking for a relationship with you!" I spat.

He seemed hurt after I said that. It's been a dramatic day.

"B-But-" He was saying.

"I'm not looking to be rich and famous off of you. If I would become any of those things I would do it myself and work for it. Plus your fans are harsh and strong. I mean look at my sister." I said stating the facts.

"That's true but I'm just trying to look out for you." He said scratching the back of his neck.

"I appreciate that but I don't need your help." I chuckled a little.

"You could always use a friend who could help you." He mumbled.

Just then my old friend Brooke just walked by.

"Oh my god, B?" I ran up to her and hugged her from behind.

She was confused trying to get out of my hold to see what stranger was hugging her.

"Dakota!" She yelled as she turned around and squeezed me even tighter.

"I haven't seen you in forever!" I said as she was swaying us side to side in the hug.

"I know I missed you so much! Why didn't we stay in touch?" She asked.

"Because you moved and changed your number" I mumbled reminding her.

We have a sort of frenemies relationship. One day we will be like sisters and then the next we will fight like sisters. With claws and hair pulling.

"Oh ya that's right, sorry about that." She said smiling and letting me go. She then noticed Harry standing awkwardly by himself behind us.

She came up to my ear to whisper something.

"Don't look now but Harry Styles is totally creeping on you." She said quietly, but loud enough for him to hear her.

"Er- I'm standing like 4 inches away, I'm not creeping I'm just a friend. Nice to meet you, B?" He said stepping forward.

"Brooke." She said smiling. "He's hotter in person."

I widened my eyes and almost choked on nothing.

She started to write a small note on something, it's probably her number so we can catch up and hang out later.

"Well I'll leave you two alone, I have some shopping to do. I'll talk to you later Dakota." She said sliding the paper in my back pocket as she hugged me goodbye.

"Okay, later." I waved weirdly.

As she left I took the letter out of my pocket to see what it said.

It said "please give this to Harry ;) ***-****"

I thought it would be for me and not Harry. Ugh I really hate her sometimes.

"What is it?" Harry asked trying to peek over at it.

"Nothing." I said crumbling it up to throw it in the trash, where it belongs just like her.

Why do I feel a ping of jealousy? I don't have feelings for him. Maybe I'm just looking out for him. Ya that's it.

"It was her number wasn't it? For me I bet." He said raising his eyebrows.

"Was not." I crossed my arms.

"Was to." He then folded his arms as well.

"Not." I stated.

"To." He then argued back some more.

"Okay stop you're annoying me." I rolled my eyes.

"You're jealous." He smirked.

"I'm not." I said getting a bit angry.

"You don't need to be you know." He said still smirking.

"That's funny because I'm not." I chuckled.

He stopped and pulled me close, so close our lips were almost able to touch. He started to trace his fingers up and down my arm.

"You're jealous." He growled, making my stomach turn upside down. I never felt this way before, the feeling where my stomach is tingling, and my heart is racing.

My eyes started to flutter as if I was about to fall into his arms, thinking he would catch me.

"How does this make you feel?" He whispered, staring right into my eyes.

I just then realized what was going on. He was trying to seduce me and for a second it was working. I had to prove that I will not fall for him.

"Nothing." I shrugged and continued to walk, leaving him standing there alone for a minute.

God that was a close one.