Chapter 16: Cradles

Chapter 16: Cradles

“Brian I need you to get the furniture into the baby’s room your granddad is coming in this afternoon and we can’t have the furniture sprawled out in the living room while he is here” Lisa hollered down the hall at Brian who was in the baby’s room putting together a dresser.

“I know Lisa I am hurrying I can only build so fast!” Brian wiped the sweat off his brow as he stood up by the dresser.  “Did you get the crib?” Brian hollered back as he walked to the living room to get more stuff to build

“Oh don’t worry about the cribs” Lisa blushed and hurried into the kitchen to start making stuff for lunch.

“Don’t worry about the cradles? What will our baby sleep on?” Brian came into the kitchen and seen that Lisa was trying to avoid eye contact with him. “What aren’t you telling me?” Brian dipped low to catch Lisa in the eye.

“Hey if you going to stand their staring could you get the stuff out of the fridge” Lisa looked away and pointed to the fridge.

“Awww you has a secret and you aren’t telling me, should I interrogate you?” Brian scooped up Lisa and sat her on the counter and he ran his hands up her sides and soon found her tickle spot and he started tickling her.

“Brian! You stop this instant you know I’m very pregnant and don’t need to be tickled.” Lisa furrowed her brow.

“Mmmmmmm perhaps your right tickle torture is not the way to go, perhaps I should kiss you till you tell me” Brian started kissing at Lisa’s cheeks and her cheeks got bright red and he started to squirm.

“Brian I don’t need to tell you again do I?” Lisa looked at Brian  and he slinked off to the front room and flopped on the couch and sighed defeated. Lisa came into the room and seen Brian just laying on the sofa defeated.

“Brian I’m sorry. You know I’m pregnant and my hormones are swinging out of control and I get moody easily.” Lisa sat by Brian and ran her hands through his medium length hair

“I know I just hate making you mad it makes me feel like I’m incompetent and stupid.” Brian turned and looked at Lisa in the eyes.

“I know sweetie and I’m sorry I got mad I wasn’t really mad its…”

“I know the hormones” Brian cut her off and sat up “I know it’s the hormones, its always the hormones these days” Brian got up and started pacing in front of the fireplace

“Brian calm down, I know your stressed from the constant mood swings and so am I. You think I like seeing you get upset because your being sweet and I am in one of my moods and I shut you down? No I hate it when I get up at night for my heartburn I’m really up crying knowing my moods are making you upset. I know I haven’t been the most loving wife and you not fully satisfied, I know this and I hate that it’s all because my hormones” Lisa sat back on the sofa and started crying.

“Lisa I’m not upset that I’m not fully satisfied or whatever, I’m upset because I’m not satisfying you. I’m the one who constantly jokes with you and makes you upset, I’m the jerk who can’t seem to make you happy and laugh like I once did. Brian sat in front of the fireplace and the sun through the opposite window reflected off his glasses and a few streams of tears flowed from behind the glared glass. “I feel like I’m the one letting you down.”

“Brian stand up” Lisa stood up and stood in front of Brian. “We are going to do something we haven’t in awhile.” Lisa stood the and Brian stood up in front of her. “we are going to dance, I know my pregnant tummy is in the way but lets dance like we did at our wedding. Like nothing matter or that I’m even pregnant lets just dance you and I and not worry about my stupid hormones” Lisa held her arms out and Brian pulled her tight and started to sway and rock.

“Lisa this means more to me that you’ll ever know, just dancing with you again.” Brian stopped and looked into her eyes and kissed her tenderly.

“There is the man I know, the sweet tender man that kisses me  and tell me I look beautiful when I know I don’t, but I know to you I am a radiant goddess who loves you for all you are.” Lisa stood there and the sun shone through her brown hair and Brian smiled and kissed her again.  “now let me tell you what I have been keeping from you. See your granddad is bring the cribs you two slept in as kids.” Lisa smiled and looked at Brian

“That’s aweso- wait we had two separate cribs…Oh we are pregnant with twins aren’t we?” Brian gasped and almost passed out.

“Yes baby we are so hope your patience is super strong” Lisa smiled knowing Brian could handle it.

“Babe it isn’t, but with you by my side we will make it.” Brian kissed Lisa and he kissed her tummy twice and  he walked with her into the kitchen.