Dating the Son of Zeus *11*

Start from the beginning

"Don't worry you'll be fine. You've done things a lot harder than this before," she reminded me.

"Yeah," Leonidas said. "I mean, this date is nothing compared to that Hydra right?"

I nodded my head, remembering that day as if it were just yesterday. Facing and defeating the Hydra as one of my 12 Labors. "Yeah, right."

I turned and left, making my way down stairs. I waited as the vallet brought my car. I watched as around the corner came the car that the magazine said meant 'he's a sure fire winner' if he has it. The vallet stopped and got out of the all black, brand new camaro. I had to admit, it did look nice. I hadn't really paid attention to many of the cars here but when I saw this one in the magazine, I knew I had to have it. Walking around and climbing in the driver's seat I shut the door. I hadn't ever drove before, but I knew that I could figure it out. I looked at the gear shift and put it in drive. And not so slowly, I peeled out of the hotel parking lot, barely missing another car. I followed the directions Sophia gave me and along the way I managed to figured out how to work the car. As I neared the address I thought through my game plan for the night. Dinner on 'The Hill', Perseus had looked it up and said it was a great Italian place. Then off to the late night movie, and then if everything goes right, a good night kiss at her doorstep. I sighed as I pulled up to her house. There was no way I was going to be able to pull this off. I climbed out of the car and looked up at the massive stone building in front of me. It was old, there was no doubt about it. The stone rocks on the outside of the building were weather worn and it was easy to tell that they had seen better days. I read the words engraved over the door. 'St. Anne's Orphanage'. I felt my heart become heavy. In one word, this was depressing. Before I could climb the steps to knock on the door, Sophia rushed out and met me. She was wearing a short black halter top dress. Her dark hair bounced in curls along her shoulders, and her long legs ended in stunning black heels. I felt my mouth hang open. She looked amazing. I knew if Perseus and Leonidas could see her now, they would be saying, "Aphrodite who?"

"Hey," she said smiling.

"Hey." I said. "You look, amazing."

I watched as she gave me her familiar sly smile and walked the rest of the way down the steps to meet me. Stopping in front of me she looked me up and down and I suddenly felt very self concious. Nodding her head she said, "You clean up pretty well too." Letting out a sigh of relief I watched as she stepped around me to look at the car. I saw her eyes go wide at the sight of it.

"Wow! A camaro?" She asked looking at me.

"Uh, yeah. A present from my...dad." I said. I opened the door to the car, Perseus said it was really important that I do that, and shut it after she climbed in. I ran around and got in. I started the car and began fighting traffic to get to the restaurant.

"So where are we going?" she finally asked me.

"The Hill."

"That fancy Italian place?" she asked.

"Yeah. Is that ok?" I asked nervously.

"Yeah it's fine," she said giving me a calming smile. I focused on driving. Traffic held us up and we got there about 10 minutes later then when Perseus had set our reservations. We walked in quickly. A tall man stood behind a podeum with a pencil in one hand and a phone in the other.

"Excuse me," I said. Without looking at me the man held a finger up. I stood waiting. Taking a glance back at Sophia I saw her looking around the building, taking in the waiters as they rushed around. Finally the man looked at me.

"Yes sir. What can I do for you?"

"Yes I have a reservation for Marlow."

"Your reservation was for 6:20 and it is now 6:35. I am sorry sir but we gave your table away."