Casa de Aaron

6 hours later we pulled into Aarons driveway. His mom grabbed his bags and I helped him walk up the sidewalk with my arm around his waist since he was still kinda weak from being sick.

We walked through the front door and were greeted by his step dad Jeff.

"Hi hon I'm Aarons step dad it's nice to finally meet you!" He said engulfing me in a welcoming hug.

"Nice to meet you too!" I said kindly.

"Yeah Aaron never stops talking about you!" He teased making Aaron get red in the face.

"Hon why don't you go show her around? " Becky said coming back down the stairs from taking Aarons suitcase upstairs. "Linds make yourself at home and let me know if Aaron gives you any trouble I'll set him straight"

I laughed. "Okay. Thank you again for being so good about me coming over so unexpectedly I know you probably weren't expecting company so soo-"

"Oh honey it's fine we don't mind at all it's a pleasure to have you here you're such a little ray of sunshine."

I blushed.

"Come on let's go upstairs" Aaron said taking my hand leading me to the stairs.

"Sorry my parents are embarrassing" he said laughing.

"No they're not, they're very sweet you're really lucky to have such a cool family!"

He just laughed again. 

"So down the hall is the bathroom, there's also one downstairs too. That's Candi and Greyson's room for when they stay over and over here is Dustyns room. "

Then we walked up to the last room on the left.

Aaron snuck up behind me and covered my eyes Making me jump. He laughed at me.

"Okay, keep your eyes closed and let me lead you" I nodded.

He pulled me into the room then let me uncover my eyes.

"Tada! This is my room!.. And it was umm Nics room too." I saw his face fall and he looked like he could have cried. I walked closer to him and wrapped him in a tight hug.

"Oh Aaron.. It's okay he's still here with you I promise." I said trying to comfort him.

His mom walked past the doorway and peeked in since she saw he looked upset.

His back was to her so she mouthed "Nicholas?" To me and I nodded sympathetically.

"Sweetie its okay. I know it's hard. For all of us, and we have to be strong for each other." She said on the brink of tears,  taking Aaron in her arms.  "But you know what? You are so very blessed to have amazing friends like the guys and mahogany and Lindsey to help you get through all your struggles  "
" I'll always be here no matter what whether I'm right here next to you or three thousand miles away. Always remember that okay?" I added.

He nodded and gave me a small smile and hugged me again.

"You guys are too cute I wish I had a best friend like that when I was y'all's age. But now I have Jeff and I truly found my best friend."

We just looked at each other and smiled.