Lay Me Down

Aaron's POV

I woke up in the hospital room not having a clue what was going on. I look to my left to see Lindsey laying asleep next to me. She looked exhausted.

I grabbed my phone off the little stand by my bed and had a lot of notifications from Twitter and Instagram from fans and texts from friends and family even the guys who were just in a hotel nearby waiting for me to wake up.

By the time I finished checking my phone, Lindsey woke up and looked so relieved to see that I was awake.

"Oh my gosh thank god you're okay. We were so worried. Your mom is in the lobby and the guys and mahogany went back to the hotel to get some rest. "

"Y-You stayed with me all night?"

"Yeah, I was so scared.. I couldn't leave until I knew you were alright and awake.. plus your mom thought It would be comforting to you for me to be there when you woke up since I was there through the other bad times you've had. Dustyn wanted to stay too, but your mom told him to get some sleep since he was there even sooner with you in the ambulance. I should probably go tell your mom you're awake. " she said getting up walking to the door.

A few moments later my mom came in to the room with tears in her eyes.

"Oh Aaron honey I'm so glad you're okay." She said hugging me gently. " how are you feeling?"

"Better than before but still crappy. But I'm glad you're here, I love you mom. "

"Aww hon they'll give you more meds in the morning. And I love you so so much sweetie, and so does everyone else too we're all rootin for you to get better. "

"Umm hey mom.. did linds really stay with me all night?"

"Yeah, as soon as they brought you in after they took care of you, she came in with the others and I sent them to go rest since it was late but she didn't want to leave your side. I figured it'd be nice for her to be there when you woke up. Why ?"

A smile came across my face.

"Oh.. I was just making sure I wasn't just dreaming. It just seemed to good to be true.. She really is amazing mom. "

"Aaron she really cares about you. I know you get insecure sometimes but she's different. She's not like the other girls. I really don't think you have anything to worry about. I don't know exactly how she feels about you, but there's definitely a bond between the two of you. Even your sister said that, and she only saw the two of you around each other once. "

" I know, I'm just afraid that she only likes me as a friend so I don't want to say anything and it's so hard when she's laying there with me I just want to tell her everything and have it be like in the movies but I can't. "

"It'll work out honey. She's special to you. Well I'm sure you're still tired and I know I am and I'm relieved to know you're awake, so if it's okay with you I was going to go back to the hotel and sleep for a little bit? I'll send your dad over to sit -"

"Yeah mom go ahead, I'm fine you need to rest... But Before you go, will you send her back in so I can see her before I fall back asleep?"

"Of course." She said smiling and heading towards the door.

Seconds later the little ray of sunshine walked back through my door.

She came over and sat next to me on the bed. Then I spoke without even thinking.

"Will you stay with me the rest of the night? " then I realized what I had just asked. It was after 3 in the morning and I was asking her to sacrifice a nice hotel bed and showering for me. Nice going Aaron.

"I-I'm sorry that was really selfish of me to ask. I'm sure you would rather be in a big hotel bed then this rickety thing and in sure you want to shower and be relaxed and I'm sorry I just-"

"No, Aaron it's okay I don't mind at all. I'll just go back in the morning when the guys come In and we'll trade. I'll sleep for a bit then come back in the afternoon. You Don't need to apologize for anything. "

"Are you sure? Really linds you can go back now with my mom if you want "

"Nope you're stuck with me now you asked for it " she teased "I'll go tell her I'm gonna stay so she can go. I'll be right back"

For a second I was afraid she wouldn't come back, but of course she did.