|10| Rights

Rachel

I sat there in the chair with Santana's family on my side and Hiram and LeRoy Berry on the other side. As of right now, I'm last name-less. I'm just Rachel Barbra. I could live with that. But, of course I'll only have that name for 5 seconds, when Santana's mom signs the paper legalizing me as her child. I feel like I keep getting tossed around, from family to family, to house from house. But, with the Lopez's, I have a place where I can call home. Her mother basically adores me, except the whole pregnancy thing. And her father loves me, and treats me as his own. Santana tugged on my arm and smiled, telling me that I was her official sister. I smiled and stood up. I gave the Berry's an evil glare, and walked out arm in arm with my sister. We walked out to the parking lot, and I let go of Santana's arm and walked over to our mother. I don't think I'm comfortable calling her that out loud yet and actually meaning it, but I'll say it anyway to make her feel appreciated.

"Thank you, so much. I don't think I could have done all this without my lovely mother and father by my side." I emphasized the words.

"Well, I'm honored to have you in the family, officially." dad said to me. I smiled and got in the car. I decided to finally text Finn back.

I'm fine. I have a new official home so I'm not coming back. See you tomorrow.

I put my head on the seat and shut my eyelids.

When I woke up we were at the house already. It was already 10:30.

"Santana, I'm going to go upstairs and go to bed. I'm really tired." I said to her.

"Alright, I'll follow. Night mom, dad." she said walking up the stairs before me.

"I thought you were gonna follow me?" I laughed.

"Well your too slow!" she said and ran upstairs. I looked to the parents in front of me and said my good nights.

"Goodnight. Thank you so, so much again." I smiled. They smiled back and nodded so I went upstairs. I got into mine and Santana's room and changed into my pj's and slipped into the blankets, which were on the super uncomfortable air mattress.

"Night Sis." Santana whispered while turning off the lamp on her white nightstand.

"Night. I love you." I let it slip out of my mouth.

"I love you too." I could tell she was smiling, but the darkness was blocking me from seeing her flawless face.