Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Your POV

It's a Saturday in mid-October, a couple of weeks before Halloween-and more importantly, the Day of the Dead. It's my favorite holiday, and there's always a huge celebration in the Mission District every year. I'm hoping to bring the girls in on this year's celebration. I think they'll love it. I'm actually talking to Lauren about it right now.

"That sounds really cool", she says as I describe the celebrations. "And Camz has always wanted to go."

"You all have to get your faces painted", I say. "I'm mandating it."

"Why is there face painting?"

"Because it's Day of the Dead. Duh. It's kind of a law to get your face painted as a calavera."

"Okay, then", she chuckles. "I'll keep that in mind."

"You don't even have to do it yourself. There are people on the streets that'll do it."

"Why would I trust a stranger to paint my face?"

"Why wouldn't you?", I reason.

"Do I really need to list off the reasons?"

"I guess not."

Lauren smirks at her victory. Then she reaches over and takes my hand in hers.

I've never usually been one for regular physical contact. A good-bye hug is usually all I do. But here, in this house, with these girls, physical contact almost seems like a rule. Not a rule, really, but the girls are always showing affection for each other. It hasn't quite rubbed off on me yet, though. But when one of them decides to hold my hand, I let them.

"Has anyone ever told you how cute you are?", she asks.

"Yeah, a few", I respond. "They're not wrong, either." She laughs.

"No", she agrees. "No, they're not."

"To be fair, you're pretty cute, too."

"Aww, thanks, babe."

"It's true."

She squeezes my hand, and I squeeze back. She uses her other arm to pull me into her side, kissing my head as I reach her. In return, I lift both of our hands and kiss the back of hers. Immediately after, she lets go and traces my jawline with her finger. Then she cups my chin in her hand, brings my face towards hers, and connects our lips.

We only kiss for a few minutes before stopping to catch our breath. Lauren looks back to the door. It's about half open. She jumps up, hurries over there, and closes it as quietly as she can. Then she jumps back on my bed and kisses me again. Her hands grip my waist as she climbs into my lap. I cup her cheeks to deepen the kiss. I poke her bottom lip with my tongue, and instead of parting her lips, she shoves her own tongue into my mouth. The action surprises me, but I quickly regain focus.

Suddenly, she pushes me onto my back, my head hitting the pillow as she straddles me. I bury my hands in her hair in a desperate attempt to pull her closer, to feel more of her. Her hands travel up and down my torso, then slip underneath my shirt. Then I remove my hands from her hair and run them up and down her spine. This seems to encourage her, I think, because she starts to rotate her hands around my torso. I can feel her fingertips running across my abs, my ribs, my curves. Finally, my hands stop at her butt and squeeze it lightly, but enough for her to make a noise. I smirk into the kiss, satisfied at my small victory.

After a few more minutes of making out, we decide to stop.

"You know", Lauren starts as she shifts her body to the side of the bed, "We should probably talk about-" She trails off. "Well, you know."

"Yeah, I know. Although, we could always not talk about it."

"Y/N." Lauren's tone is stern.

"Alright, fine. But you can't tell me anything I don't already know."

"Y/N!"

"Shutting up now."

"Thank you. Look, this is serious, and it needs to be talked about. Do you want to do it at some point?"

"At some point, yeah", I answer. "I just don't know when that point will be."

"Can we wait until you're eighteen? I know that won't be for a couple of years, but..."

She stops again, but she doesn't really need to go on for me to know what she means.

"You know I'd never report you, right?", I question. "If we did it before then, I mean. I know what I'm getting into."

"I know", she sighs. "But that doesn't make it right. If we did it before, I'd always feel bad about it. And I never want you to feel like I pressured you into doing something you didn't want to do."

"Yeah, I get it. I'd feel the same way", I assure her.

"So you're okay with waiting?"

"Of course I am. We're making the right decision."

Lauren smiles sweetly at me and gives me a hug. I return it and let myself sink into her arms. For a moment, I feel good. I feel safe.

But, as usual, it doesn't last.

"What the hell is this?"

Lauren and I break apart as soon as we hear the yelling. It's Ally.

"Ally, calm down-" I hear Normani try to talk to her, but she's quickly cut off.

"Don't tell me to calm down!"

"Shit", I hear Lauren whisper.

We get up and walk out of the room. No one hears us enter the family room. A good thing, too, because the current situation is fucked.

Dinah and Camila are sitting on the couch together, and they were clearly making out. Ally is standing in front of them, looking pissed. Normani is standing to the side, a scared expression on her face.

As of now, we are fucked.

Author's Note: Well, shit. Now Ally knows. Did you really think she'd never find out? Anyways, the aftermath will come in the next few chapters. Also, sorry this is short and took a while. Like I said before, filler chapters aren't my thing. Thanks for reading and enjoy your summer!