|Chapter 1|

When you live you have the choice of doing what you want to do. Once you hit that mark of being 18 you are your own person, you are responsible for yourself. 

I think that moving to Portland was both a great and bad choice. Great because I got away from my controlling parents and bad because of the fact that I was leaving everything I ever had behind me in Chicago leaving unsolved problems to deal with only when I face them. 

My parents were just the only thing, it was just Chicago period. Everyone knew me there so it was basically like, whatever I wanted to do was labeled wrong due to the high title my parents had there. 

With Susan's death adding on top of that leaving me with no friends basically is a set up to end up like my parents, something I don't want to do. 

So, moving to Portland was a blessing. I met great friends, got a good education, got a good job, and now I am getting married. Nothing could be better than this right now. 

All I have to do is live in the now, and everything shall work out. 

+++

I look at myself in the mirror, the dress is long and white, traditional. It's slim but not poofy, it's perfect. It is long sleeves matching the perfect fall feeling outside and the theme of the wedding. The sleeves and top part of the bodice are lace that back however, is open. It has beading along the waist line and a lace trim at the bottom. 

It's simple and perfect. 

I walk out of the dressing room to my friends who are waiting patiently to emerge from the back. 

This is the tenth dress, literally and I like this one out of all of them. My friends have been through it all with me, the tears, the laughs, and the pain. That is why I wouldn't regret leaving Chicago. 

"Oh my. . ." Christina starts with tears in her eyes while Shauna, Marlene, and Lynn just sit there in shock due to my beautiful attire. 

"You look fabulous." Our helper, Emma says as I stand on the podium. 

"It's perfect." Lynn says and I smile also tearing up as they pass around the box of tissues. 

I wish my mother were here to tell me how beautiful I look and encourage me to purchase the dress. But sadly, she couldn't fly down to watch and help because she had a business trip to attend. But, I had to be strong and keep my head held high and tell her okay. 

"Let's put the veil on." Emma says and I get down and let her slip on the diamond veil. I look in the mirror and gasp at the sight. 

The veil goes down to the middle of my back and is also lace. I look, stunning. 

"Tris, you should really get that dress." Shauna gasps with tears in her eyes and I hold back a sob, a happy sob. 

"Here you go." Marlene says handing me the 6 inch heels that are white and have diamonds on the toe and heel. I slip them on and smile at myself in the mirror. I can just envision my self walking down the aisle to my husband in a black suit saying our 'I do's' and smashing cake in each other's faces. 

"What do you think? This dress is in your budget 1,000-2,000 dollars." Emma asks as I wipe my eyes and I look to the girls and they nod. 

I smile brightly and nod my head as well. 

"It's perfect." That is all it takes and our section burst into cheers and I get off of the podium quickly hugging Emma and thanking her for spending some time. 

"Alright, lets get you changed then we can go through the transaction." Emma says helping me into the dressing room where I stand behind the curtain carefully taking off of the beautiful dress and placing it on the hanger and back in the clear garment bag. 

I slip back on my Adidas pants, black long sleeve shirt, and timberland's. I pull my hair into a bun quickly and put on my brown cross-body bag. I pick up the garment bag and head back out handing it to Emma and I grab the veil and heels. 

We walk towards the checkout table and she starts ringing it up with a huge smile on her face. 

"Your total will be, 1,564.10" She says and I nod pulling out my credit card swiping it. I'm glad we stopped by the bank before we came here today. 

"Thank you and after a few adjustments we will call you and you can come and pick it up." She says and I nod. 

"Thanks, bye." I say

"Bye" She says and we leave the shop getting into my car. 

"Four will not be able to take his hands off of you, I am telling you that for sure." Shauna says in the passenger seat. 

"I know right, I mean after we do her hair and make up. I hope they can wait to actually go on the honeymoon." Christina says and I roll my eyes at my crazy friends as I drop off Shauna at her apartment then the rest of the girls. 

+++

I unlock my apartment door and I see Tobias on his laptop sitting at the couch. 

"Hey babe." I say plopping down beside him. Zeus and Hercules run towards me and get on my lap taking out all of my air, they are some hella big dogs I'll tell you that. 

"How was shopping?" Tobias asks pecking my lips and I place my head on his shoulder. 

"Good, surprisingly fun." I say and he raises his eyebrows shutting his laptop. 

"Did you find the right dress?" He asks and I nod my head.

"It's perfect, I can't wait for the wedding. I can't believe that it's so soon." I say thinking of our wedding in a while. 

"I know right, we got all of the suits today, and the food purchases are made." Tobias says shooing the dogs off of me and lifts me up. 

"I can't wait for our honeymoon." I add thinking as he carries me around until I realize he is carrying me to the bedroom. 

"We should practice." He laughs and I squeal and start laughing and we runs towards the bedroom. 

~~~

How was that guys? Tell me. 

Was it good enough for a first chapter. . . there is plenty more to come. 

Stay Dauntless.