Speed Trapped

Depuis le début

"I'll watch over them...and Leo." I added the last part after a pause and Leo glared at me.

-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-

"Mornin' people! How are y'all?" I announced as I walked into the lab. They all muttered a 'good' towards me and I narrowed my eyes at Leo. "He set rules, didn't he?" I asked and I got 3 nods from them.

"It's here! It's here! It's here!! It's here!!!" Davenport ran into the lab, freaking out.

"What? What is it?" Bree asked.

"I hope it's something with a lot of masculinity." I told him while he rolled his eyes.

"For once I agree with, pie girl!" Eddy popped up. "I never want to see that again!"

"Seriously! It's only for the weekend!" I yelled at Eddy.

"Just come here!" Davenport told us before he ran back into the garage. We all ran after him and we slowed down when we reached the door.

"Meet the world's first self-driving car, designed by yours truly!" Davenport introduced. "That's right, just when you though I couldn't get more awesome. Boom! I got more awesome!"

"And boom, we still want to be dropped off a block away from school!" Bree gestured to me and herself, while I nodded.

"So, returning to the topic, how does it drive by itself?" I asked Davenport.

"You see this panel on top? It receives a satellite signal and sends all the pertinent information to the car's on-board computer and voila, it drives itself! Hey, did I mention, by the way, that this car goes 200 miles per hour?" Davenport asked us while we all looked at each other with open mouths. "No? That's because it goes 300!" We all grinned. Davenport pressed a button on his keys and the car activated.

"Good evening, Donald. Would you like to take a ride?" The car asked.

"Wow, she sounds classy." Leo complemented.

"Guys, what are doing? You're gonna be late for school! Go, go, go!" Tasha came in and we sprinted out of the door, with a reminder of me being grounded once again.

-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-8-

I was about to walk over to the trio and Leo, but Becky ran over to me and grabbed my shoulders.

"You better stay away from Adam. Your friend told me Adam has a disease that makes his flesh eat himself! Run away!" Becky informed me before running away once again. I approached them and I came in time to see Leo pull out a metal detector out of his backpack and scan a kid that just wanted to pass in between them to get to class.

"What's with the metal detector?" I ask Leo when I stopped near him.

"Don't you remember what Big D told us earlier? We are supposed to keep a tighter leash on these three." Leo gestured to the trio.

"I thought he applied that around Marcus! Not everyone in the school." I said the last part in a sarcastic tone.

"Hey guys, what's up?" Marcus walked up to us. I pulled Bree behind me and Leo and Leo pulled out his metal detector.

"We'll tell you what's up, your time here." Leo started.

"Get lost, eyebrows." I crossed my arms while Leo used his metal detector to point the other direction of where we were. The metal detector scanned around his neck and it stopped beeping, meaning there was metal.

"You two are so silly!" Marcus laughed while moving past us and towards the trio. We both glared at him as he asked the trio if they were gonna go to the new froyo shop. During Marcus' questions, Leo and I made hand gestures to tell the trio to stop listening to Marcus.